nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89640)

nekrosoft13 04-12-07 03:19 PM

Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

Quote:

Atari sent out a press release announcing Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer, an upcoming expansion pack to Neverwinter Nights 2. Developed by Obsidian Entertainment, which also handled development of the original game, the expansion pack will feature a new campaign, as well as new feats and spells, races, monsters, weapons, items and more. Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer will be released this Fall.
In Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer, players are transported back to the Forgotten Realms shortly after the events detailed in the original Neverwinter Nights 2. Following the climactic battle against the King of Shadows, the player awakens alone and stranded deep beneath the earth. Surrounded by a horde of evil spirits, the player embarks on an epic adventure that reveals his true destiny

Set in harsh, spirit-rich Rashemen, near the powerful nation of Thay, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer will present players with an exciting new campaign; epic levels; dozens of new feats and spells; new races, base classes and prestige classes; new companions; new weapons, armor and crafting options; hordes of new monsters; and enhanced modding tools.
http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=23553

superklye 04-12-07 03:20 PM

Re: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

Yowza...that was quick.

And that reminds me I have a LONG way to go yet in this game. :o

Bokishi 04-12-07 04:02 PM

I'm only about 1/5 done with the game lol

ynnek 04-12-07 05:03 PM

I finished 1 round of the OC of NWN2 in about a couple of weeks after I got it.. Then I played about 1/3 way through with another character, and stopped.

Since I have a soft spot for NWN, I'll pick up this expansion too.. It'll give me a good reason to play it again with a new system..

K007 04-12-07 05:56 PM

wow sounds awesome, i cant wait.

nekrosoft13 04-13-07 10:35 AM

I hope you can use your character from the main campaign to continue.

ynnek 04-13-07 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekrosoft13

I'd assume so. Or at the very least they should autolevel a new character up just like they did in NWN's expansions..

Unless of course they pull some BS like your character is injured and lost its "power" and ability after recovering from the cave in..

heh

nekrosoft13 09-28-07 07:02 AM

13 more days for the game to release ;)

ArrowMk84 09-28-07 09:31 AM

Quote:

Yes, you can. The expansion is designed for characters level 18+, with a cap of 30.

ArrowMk84 09-28-07 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynnek
I'd assume so. Or at the very least they should autolevel a new character up just like they did in NWN's expansions..

Unless of course they pull some BS like your character is injured and lost its "power" and ability after recovering from the cave in..

heh

If you start with a new character, you'll be autoleveled to 18.

Also, you'll start the game with all of your equipped items and gear, but you'll lose the contents of your backpack, IIRC. Also, you'll lose the main plot item from the original campaign.

nekrosoft13 09-28-07 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowMk84
Yes, you can. The expansion is designed for characters level 18+, with a cap of 30.

i know that now, i asked that question over 5 months ago.

I just revived this thread to announce that expansion is almost here.

ArrowMk84 09-28-07 12:12 PM

Quote:

i know that now, i asked that question over 5 months ago.

I just revived this thread to announce that expansion is almost here.

Damn necromancers! :D