nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   CPUs, Motherboards And Memory (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hey Redeemed... (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89691)

DiscipleDOC 04-13-07 12:06 PM

Hey Redeemed...

I just ordered the Asus Crosshair! Time for you to start trying to keep up with the Jones' :p

Seriously, I just sold some stuff, and I'm able to purchase it. I should get it tuesday.

nekrosoft13 04-13-07 12:16 PM

Re: Hey Redeemed...

no offence, but if you were going to get a new motherboard, really should have went with intel c2d instead of getting stuck with amd again.

unless you are some hardcore amd fan that buys amd just because it says amd on it.

you got the ram, bought a cpu and now mobo, this would have been a perfect time to get something that performs better.

Tygerwoody 04-13-07 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
unless you are some hardcore amd fan that buys amd just because it says amd on it.

He is.... I think Disciple has had to explain himself over 100 times now that he just likes buying AMD products. Even if they are subpar.

nippyjun 04-13-07 12:35 PM

Is the crosshair much different from the Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe ?

CybrSage 04-13-07 12:49 PM

DD likes supporting the underdog.

He also supports a great many other things, such as free root beer to everyone on Fridays.

I know, it is odd, but DD is an odd person.

DiscipleDOC 04-13-07 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nippyjun
Is the crosshair much different from the Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe ?

It is supposed to be. I will let you know when I get it.

DiscipleDOC 04-13-07 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
no offence, but if you were going to get a new motherboard, really should have went with intel c2d instead of getting stuck with amd again.

you got the ram, bought a cpu and now mobo, this would have been a perfect time to get something that performs better.

I am happy with the AMD brand. When I become discontent with it, then I will buy Intel. Right now, I am satisfied with it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
He is.... I think Disciple has had to explain himself over 100 times now that he just likes buying AMD products. Even if they are subpar.

Honestly, buying a e6600 is not worth it...it may be a little faster, but it's not some blinding speed that would make me worship it for all of my days. I know that reviews have shown it to be faster, but come on, how much difference is a A64 6000 compared to a 6600? Not enough for me to switch camp.
Quote:

Originally Posted by CybrSage
DD likes supporting the underdog.

He also supports a great many other things, such as free root beer to everyone on Fridays.

I know, it is odd, but DD is an odd person.

I don't drink root beer. :p

jcrox 04-13-07 01:36 PM

I really hope that when barcelona comes out Intel and AMD are almost identical in performance. It would be nice for a person to be able to buy hardware and be happy about it with out 12 a$$hats urinating on your parade because you didn't spend the extra $200 to get better benchmark scores and an extra 20fps.

Anywhoo, please let us know how that crosshair works out... I almost went for it but, i decided to go the cheap-o route..got a Vegas trip in a couple of weeks :).

DiscipleDOC 04-13-07 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcrox
I really hope that when barcelona comes out Intel and AMD are almost identical in performance. It would be nice for a person to be able to buy hardware and be happy about it with out 12 a$$hats urinating on your parade because you didn't spend the extra $200 to get better benchmark scores and an extra 20fps.

Anywhoo, please let us know how that crosshair works out... I almost went for it but, i decided to go the cheap-o route..got a Vegas trip in a couple of weeks :).

I only bought the crosshair because of me selling my mobo that I have in my sig now.

Jcrox, how is the room in your TT armor? I'm looking to get another case because this TT Shark is really cramped....

jcrox 04-13-07 01:53 PM

I hate this thing, there's plenty of room but these stupid little flap doors on the front suck. I'm looking at maybe an Antec 900.

superklye 04-13-07 02:02 PM

At stock speeds the E6600 and 6000+ may be close, but overclocked...it's no competition: E6600 destoys worlds.

But whatever. As long as you're happy... :)

DiscipleDOC 04-13-07 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcrox
I hate this thing, there's plenty of room but these stupid little flap doors on the front suck. I'm looking at maybe an Antec 900.

I've read somewhere that you can take the flaps off...