nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Messed Up My Account (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=90274)

RomBot 04-23-07 01:31 PM

Messed Up My Account
 
Are there any moderators here that can help me? I sent like 2 emails to the forum moderator and one to MikeC still have not got any reply? I went into my profile to change my email to my new one and in the process messed up a setting because when I login with my old account it will not let me read or post on the forum. I can still read the forum as a guest. I created this new account RomBot just so I can post this to see if any moderator can help!

Aka: rombat ;)

Redeemed 04-23-07 05:06 PM

Re: Messed Up My Account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RomBot
Are there any moderators here that can help me? I sent like 2 emails to the forum moderator and one to MikeC still have not got any reply? I went into my profile to change my email to my new one and in the process messed up a setting because when I login with my old account it will not let me read or post on the forum. I can still read the forum as a guest. I created this new account RomBot just so I can post this to see if any moderator can help!

Aka: rombat ;)

http://home.eckerd.edu/~moorewr/lj/i...et-failure.jpg

:D :D :D

MikeC 04-23-07 08:00 PM

Re: Messed Up My Account
 
You should be able to log on with rombat now.

rombat 04-24-07 12:09 AM

Re: Messed Up My Account
 
LOL, Good one, Redeemed! :D
Thanks MikeC for fixing my account!

RomBot 04-24-07 01:22 AM

Re: Messed Up My Account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rombat
LOL, Good one, Redeemed! :D
Thanks MikeC for fixing my account!

'Okay, Houston, we've had a problem here.' Dang I should have learn my lesson MikeC, I looked at my email in profile and it is still wrong I went ahead and changed it to the correct one and saved it! BANG, it locks me out again! lol but serious there is some thing wrong with "Edit Email & Password" section in control panel. Is there a bug in the "Edit Email & Password" section in profiles?

(ack) (help) I need to be unlocked again!

rombat 04-24-07 08:31 AM

Re: Messed Up My Account
 
Hurray! It is fixed again! Lol just want to warn any one when you change your email account on your profile, pray to the tech gods that it does not mess your account! :D

Thanks MikeC, again! :o

rewt 04-24-07 10:27 AM

Re: Messed Up My Account
 
I had this problem once before also. I contacted MikeC about it, but I think I was somehow able to fix it on my own (MikeC, correct me if I am wrong). I don't really remember how though :o

P.S. - Funny pic redeemed! :D

nekrosoft13 04-24-07 12:07 PM

Re: Messed Up My Account
 
after you change your e-mail, don't you have to re-activate your account with the link that is auto send to the new e-mail you just entered?

rombat 04-24-07 12:38 PM

Re: Messed Up My Account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
after you change your e-mail, don't you have to re-activate your account with the link that is auto send to the new e-mail you just entered?

I think you are correct nekrosoft13, the problem seems that the program does not auto send you the email to re-activate your account, hence my situation. I am just happy that my account is back. :D

OWA 04-24-07 12:58 PM

Re: Messed Up My Account
 
Yeah, I had that exact thing happen at a sports forum I visit.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.