nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Microsoft Windows XP And Vista (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   DreamScene a game borker? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=90791)

Redeemed 05-02-07 07:38 PM

DreamScene a game borker?

Well, I've been having a bunch of problems gaming in Vista Ultimate x64. I'd always get some sort of Runtime error or such.

So... I disabled DreamScene and that seems to have solved the problem. Anybody else experience problems gaming with DreamScene?

LycosV 05-02-07 07:44 PM

Re: DreamScene a game borker?

I run dreamscene all the time without any problems. My major agrivation with it is when explorer crashes it turns off and sets my desktop black. Then I have to go in and restart it again. Why no right click->restart dreamscene, why?!

Redeemed 05-02-07 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LycosV
I run dreamscene all the time without any problems. My major agrivation with it is when explorer crashes it turns off and sets my desktop black. Then I have to go in and restart it again. Why no right click->restart dreamscene, why?!

Yeah, I hate that to. So far, with DreamScene disabled, I haven't had any issues. What video card are you using?

Redeemed 05-02-07 09:04 PM

Okay, before when I had DreamScene running I'd always get a runtime error while gaming. Well, the only games I've played since I installed Vista was Battle For Middle Earth (the first one), CS:S, and Half Life 2. I have yet to try FEAR, FEAR:XP, Quake4, BFME II, CoD2, STALKER, GRAW, AoE III, and some of my other favs.

Anyhow, with DreamScene running I'd always get the run-time error. Since I have disabled DreamScene I've played about 20 rounds in CS:S error-free, and just did a game in BFME for like an hour, error free. I'm thinking it was DreamScene that caused the problem. Nobody else has experienced such issues? I'm the only one?

Dr.Nick 05-03-07 12:40 AM

I got that error with the early nvidia drivers but it's been fixed in the last few sets. However I'm running the 32bit OS

LycosV 05-03-07 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed
Yeah, I hate that to. So far, with DreamScene disabled, I haven't had any issues. What video card are you using?

I have an ATI x800.

Redeemed 05-03-07 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LycosV
I have an ATI x800.

Oh. I'm running 8800GTSs (well, was- the second card produced too much heat in my rig so I'm only running one untill I can go water cooling). Probably a driver related issue.

Peoples-Agent 05-03-07 11:11 PM

Dreamscene is one huge problem, full stop. It's a nuisance.

Redeemed 05-04-07 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent
Dreamscene is one huge problem, full stop. It's a nuisance.

I'm not so sure about that. Before I installed that "DX9 Update" I could game with DreamScene on no problem. So I think that some how that DX9 update did something to effect dreamscene. Anyhow, it works great now that I have DreamScene disabled. :D I've been gaming a good part of the day and so far not a single problem. :p

Burnt_Ram 11-05-09 11:10 AM

i have an issue with dreamscene. i game @ 1600x1200 and my desktop is 1024x768. now the problem is after exiting a game my dreamscene is 10x or so bigger than it was, icons are HUGE also. the only way to fix this is rebooting or manually changing resolution. it does this with Win 7 and Vista. anyone experience anything like this? i want to run dreamscene, but this issue is a royal pain?

crainger 11-05-09 02:40 PM

Why not have your desktop at 1600x1200 too?

Burnt_Ram 11-05-09 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crainger (Post 2117919)
Why not have your desktop at 1600x1200 too?

it just doesnt look right on my crt crainger. even 1280x1024 looks odd. plus i can only do 75hz @ 1600x1200, i dont notice the flickering in games but desktop i do.