nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   3DMark performance difference in Vista (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=90883)

DHP 05-04-07 09:14 AM

3DMark performance difference in Vista

I wonder if you all have lower 3DMark scores in Vista than in XP.

I score 16650 in 3DMark05 @ Vista 64 bit, and 17400 in Windows XP Pro.

Is this normal? :(

Specs see sig.

Is someone willing run 3DMark05 with about same system settings as I use?

Edit; I score 10.700 in Vista @ 3DMark06. In XP I get 11.200...

I'm curious to hear your scores...

DMx 05-04-07 12:03 PM

Re: 3DMark performance difference in Vista

Perfectly normal, Vista sucks.

DHP 05-04-07 12:06 PM

Have you tried it?

I kinda like it. Runs smooth as hell.

But I hate the lowes scores because I'm a score junkie. :D

Review 05-04-07 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMx
Perfectly normal, Vista sucks.

Yes, because losing 1000 odd points in a benchmark 2 years old means Vista sucks. :rolleyes:

Sazar 05-04-07 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHP
I wonder if you all have lower 3DMark scores in Vista than in XP.

I score 16650 in 3DMark05 @ Vista 64 bit, and 17400 in Windows XP Pro.

Is this normal? :(

Specs see sig.

Is someone willing run 3DMark05 with about same system settings as I use?

Edit; I score 10.700 in Vista @ 3DMark06. In XP I get 11.200...

I'm curious to hear your scores...

Yes, the scores are a little lower than in XP.

Also games get lower average FPS in many instances but on the whole nothing much to worry about.

Your setup should still be perfectly playable.

DHP 05-04-07 02:01 PM

Thanx.

I guess its OK.

I was a little worried and thought my system was acting strange. 3D is about 5% slower, but I don't care. I game @ 1280x1024 so it doesnt make no difference. 100FPS or 105FPS. Who cares? :D

I really like Vista. :cool:

Edit; I think nV will release drivers that are as fast as in XP soon. When the HD2800 is releasing I think nV will release a "super" driver just to bug Ati... (I hope.. LOL)

DMx 05-04-07 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Review
Yes, because losing 1000 odd points in a benchmark 2 years old means Vista sucks. :rolleyes:

It does, it shows how incompatible Vista is for older applications, and it also shows how badly performing it is.

DHP 05-04-07 02:12 PM

Vista itself runs a little "heavier" so I guess its normal that in 3D the performance drops a little. Vista uses more resources and is running (a lot) more processes in the background.

Edit; I think its not Vista thats incompatible with games; I think the old games itself are incompatible with vista. I think DX10 games will run a lot better because they are devved for Vista and DX10. ;)

$n][pErMan 05-04-07 05:19 PM

Its normal. But my games run fine so I dont care about losing a few hundred points in 3dmark :p

Sazar 05-04-07 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMx
It does, it shows how incompatible Vista is for older applications, and it also shows how badly performing it is.

OR it could mean that the companies that have had ages to program for the intricacies of Vista have yet to get their job done.

Vista itself performs far better than XP did, IMO and I've only been using it for about 6 odd months, 3 months full time.

DMx 05-04-07 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHP
Vista itself runs a little "heavier" so I guess its normal that in 3D the performance drops a little. Vista uses more resources and is running (a lot) more processes in the background.

Edit; I think its not Vista thats incompatible with games; I think the old games itself are incompatible with vista. I think DX10 games will run a lot better because they are devved for Vista and DX10. ;)

Well consider this:

Linux which has been out for years still runs many of the applications as it did years ago, even more effectively.

Windows which has been out near enough the same time as Linux, yet it doesn't even run software well from only a few years back (98, etc)

Face it, Microsoft sucks and Windows XP has been their best operating system to date. Now, when XP was first released I thought it was junk too, but shortly afterwards Service Packs were released and it impressed me and I love it to date.

Until Vista proves me otherwise, I will stand firm by my opinion, and a lot of my friends also value my opinion when it comes to anything PC-wise (none of them have as an extensive knowledge as me).

Microsoft really needs to pull up their act, people don't want everything located inside Control Panel and people don't want millions of popups saying this program wants to run, or you don't have enough permissions to move folders around inside Program Files (even though you're an Administrator).

I currently work as an IT Support Officer for the NHS, and I think that our calls will TRIPLE when the NHS migrates to Vista.

That is all.

SlieTheSecond 05-04-07 10:30 PM

You know what, people are idiots. When you can start a computer and do anything you want via a single click of a mouse vs going through a 10 step process of compiling source code to install something. You have a winning OS amongst the many.

I find it funny that you seem to detest Microsoft so much, yet love Windows Xp.