nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Microsoft Windows XP And Vista (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Why is cs:s running soo slow? (Vista 64 bit) (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=91177)

j0j081 05-09-07 11:34 AM

Why is cs:s running soo slow? (Vista 64 bit)
 
I don't get it. My 3DMark06 score in Vista 64 is almost identical to my XP x64 score. Just a few points lower here and there. Counter Strike: Source runs like complete ass for me though. Pretty much unplayable from a competitive standpoint. My video stress test score is also much lower, coming out to about 70fps opposed to 130ish. Doesn't make any sense to me because I thought HL2 based games were meant to be working fine in Vista for the majority of people. Any ideas?

Absolution 05-09-07 04:47 PM

Re: Why is cs:s running soo slow? (Vista 64 bit)
 
turn off AA and try again (i feel like a robot ;p)

at least with my, 7800 card, 4x drops it a lot while 0x is relatively the same as xp

maybe something to do with http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=39430 ?

i'd really like to see if im the only one with the issue ;p

stevemedes 05-09-07 05:00 PM

Re: Why is cs:s running soo slow? (Vista 64 bit)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absolution
turn off AA and try again (i feel like a robot ;p)

at least with my, 7800 card, 4x drops it a lot while 0x is relatively the same as xp

maybe something to do with http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=39430 ?

i'd really like to see if im the only one with the issue ;p

Wow thats crazy. I have a 7 series and im running vista and I play CS:S with 4x AA in the game. Does that mean its really running 16x? might have to experiment a bit here.

DMx 05-09-07 07:22 PM

Re: Why is cs:s running soo slow? (Vista 64 bit)
 
I had that problem a while back, thats why I came back to XP.

j0j081 05-09-07 09:32 PM

Re: Why is cs:s running soo slow? (Vista 64 bit)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevemedes
Wow thats crazy. I have a 7 series and im running vista and I play CS:S with 4x AA in the game. Does that mean its really running 16x? might have to experiment a bit here.

if it is doing that how would I enable 0 AA then. I like to play with no AA even in XP cause I like my cs:s running as fast as possible.

j0j081 05-18-07 05:40 PM

Re: Why is cs:s running soo slow? (Vista 64 bit)
 
anyone know how to fix this crap? still getting 50 fps lower in the video stress test than XP.

CDE_1246 05-19-07 12:07 AM

Re: Why is cs:s running soo slow? (Vista 64 bit)
 
This may help. Im not running on 64-bit but it may have the same issue. In XP i ran on 4x antialiasing and i had the same problem with css when i upgraded to vista. I went into the nvidia control panel and forced 4xAA for css and i started it back up and my fps increased significantly, basically just like it was with XP. Hope this helps good luck!

BTW: Your running on the same video card as me! So this should work.

j0j081 05-21-07 04:58 PM

Re: Why is cs:s running soo slow? (Vista 64 bit)
 
tried everything mentioned and still can't get it to work right. makes no sense because like I said my 3dmark06 scores are pretty similar.

j0j081 05-22-07 08:00 AM

Re: Why is cs:s running soo slow? (Vista 64 bit)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDE_1246
This may help. Im not running on 64-bit but it may have the same issue. In XP i ran on 4x antialiasing and i had the same problem with css when i upgraded to vista. I went into the nvidia control panel and forced 4xAA for css and i started it back up and my fps increased significantly, basically just like it was with XP. Hope this helps good luck!

BTW: Your running on the same video card as me! So this should work.

what kind of sound card do you have? wonder if that's whats doing it.

CDE_1246 05-22-07 11:15 PM

Re: Why is cs:s running soo slow? (Vista 64 bit)
 
Im running on Realtek AC97 integrated audio. Not the Audigy...............


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.