nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   nvidas comment to the 3dmark driver banning... (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=9158)

jAkUp 03-25-03 07:13 PM

nvidas comment to the 3dmark driver banning...

Quote:

<SwedBear> Do you have any comments about Futuremarks decision to withdraw all the results done with several of your leaked driver revisions?

<NV_Bill> I really don't have a comment on that.
<NV_Bill> next
well there it is straight from nvidia..:) the interview is currently going on live right now... and im watching it.
also....

Quote:

<SwedBear> Ok, since I get completely bombarded regarding this: Can you give any info about the upcoming Detonator 50 drivers?

<NV_Bill> Good timing; I'm happy to say that we are planning on a driver release later this week.
here is the chatlog for everyone who missed it:
http://www.************/_preview.php?articleID=254

ChrisRay 03-25-03 07:19 PM

I forget which website had this interview

ChrisRay 03-25-03 07:25 PM

Thanks listening to it now :)

muzz 03-25-03 08:45 PM

I am reading that log, and am seeing alot of PR speak myself....
Do you guys actually believe all this stuff that he's saying?
I am trying to be very diplomatic in my wording here.

sebazve 03-25-03 08:52 PM

3. <SwedBear> What does 'optimized for and played best on' really mean? I think a lot would like to argue that they play great on competitor hardware to
<NV_Bill> The long and the short of it is that developers in the program are using NVIDIA to design, develop, and test their products...
[19:05] <NV_Bill> If a player wants to play the game pixel for pixel the way that the game was created, you can do that using NVIDIA gpus.
<NV_Bill> It was born out of the fact that most developers and publishers use NVIDIA as their "reference standard" for hardware and driver compatibility.

:retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard:
ROFLMAO:lol2::bs:

digitalwanderer 03-25-03 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sebazve
3. <SwedBear> What does 'optimized for and played best on' really mean? I think a lot would like to argue that they play great on competitor hardware to
<NV_Bill> The long and the short of it is that developers in the program are using NVIDIA to design, develop, and test their products...
[19:05] <NV_Bill> If a player wants to play the game pixel for pixel the way that the game was created, you can do that using NVIDIA gpus.
<NV_Bill> It was born out of the fact that most developers and publishers use NVIDIA as their "reference standard" for hardware and driver compatibility.

:retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard:
ROFLMAO:lol2::bs:

Uhm...is their a transcript up yet? I can't believe they were really saying this... :rolleyes:

ChrisRay 03-25-03 10:15 PM

Thats really not an unreasonable comment, Because up until very recently thats been true, And alot of designers definately do this.

His answer was as diplomatic as you could hope for with such a question.

Sazar 03-25-03 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ChrisRay
Thats really not an unreasonable comment, Because up until very recently thats been true, And alot of designers definately do this.

His answer was as diplomatic as you could hope for with such a question.

people either side of the fence will view the comments as either representative and somewhat pr'd gloss that is to the point... or as a fair load of cow excreta :)

its the nature of being a supporter... no matter how unbiased you may be.. of one company or the other... fanboyism is inherently in our genes :D

it is the DEGREE of fanboyism that separates the level headed from the rest... :)

ChrisRay 03-25-03 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sazar
people either side of the fence will view the comments as either representative and somewhat pr'd gloss that is to the point... or as a fair load of cow excreta :)

its the nature of being a supporter... no matter how unbiased you may be.. of one company or the other... fanboyism is inherently in our genes :D

it is the DEGREE of fanboyism that separates the level headed from the rest... :)

I just find it difficult to imagine how he could have answered the question differently :)

Sazar 03-25-03 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ChrisRay
I just find it difficult to imagine how he could have answered the question differently :)
he could have talked about the little flowers that come with all VW beetles... that would have been highly diplomatic and he would not have been taking sides... :)

IMO...

ChrisRay 03-25-03 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sazar
he could have talked about the little flowers that come with all VW beetles... that would have been highly diplomatic and he would not have been taking sides... :)

IMO...

hehehe :D

Well you can't expect anything more or less from Nvidia or ATI :)

muzz 03-25-03 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Uhm...is their a transcript up yet? I can't believe they were really saying this... :rolleyes:
Yes Dig there is.... thats what I was referring to, as I wouldn't watch that.