nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Home Theater A/V (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   I've got to admin, Sony's got brainwashing down perfect! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=92049)

evilchris 05-24-07 01:58 AM

I've got to admin, Sony's got brainwashing down perfect!

People on NVNEWS, who you'd think were *somewhat* technically savvy, think 720p isn't "true HD".

You've also got people thinking that 1080p24 support means an HD movie player is automatically good.

Sigh, fools and their money....

BTW, I'll be buying a $30,000 projector in a few weeks. No, a PS3 won't be playing BD's for it. Neither will an X360 addon. I'm sure Magus would use a PS3 but so would I if this was my TV:

http://babesmedia.entertainment.ign....1000028143.jpg

Tygerwoody 05-24-07 10:31 AM

Re: I've got to admin, Sony's got brainwashing down perfect!

kevplay1? :wtf:

superklye 05-24-07 11:04 AM

sweet dragon, chris

ENU291 05-24-07 11:06 AM

Is that a picture of True HD?!?! :retard:

S.I.N 05-26-07 05:42 PM

$30,000 projector?:wtf: This guy has me on block so would someone please tell him its 2007 and unless he has theater size room and screen he can get projectors that give the cinema a run for there money at under $10,000.

superklye 05-26-07 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.I.N
$30,000 projector?:wtf: This guy has me on block so would someone please tell him its 2007 and unless he has theater size room and screen he can get projectors that give the cinema a run for there money at under $10,000.

I'll let him know you said it was his money and he's perfectly fit and able to decide how he can spend it best.

Toss3 05-27-07 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilchris
People on NVNEWS, who you'd think were *somewhat* technically savvy, think 720p isn't "true HD".

You've also got people thinking that 1080p24 support means an HD movie player is automatically good.

Sigh, fools and their money....

BTW, I'll be buying a $30,000 projector in a few weeks. No, a PS3 won't be playing BD's for it. Neither will an X360 addon. I'm sure Magus would use a PS3 but so would I if this was my TV:

You know evilchris, I read lots and lots of Hifi and computer magazines, and in all of those I haven't read a single bad review of the ps3 as a BD-player. The ones(BD-players) on the market right now aren't just up to par with it, and until better ones hit the market, the ps3 stands unrivaled(price/performance wise). That is until the panasonic DMP-BD10A launches - 600$ price tag and comes bundled with 4 movies.

I know it probably won't be better than the players getting released later this year, but it sure is great value for the money. I'd take the BD in the ps3 over the x360 addon any day.

And about the definition of "true HD" we all get that it's just marketing and nothing else, so no need to start a million threads about it.

superklye 05-27-07 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toss3
And about the definition of "true HD" we all get that it's just marketing and nothing else, so no need to start a million threads about it.

But see, not everyone does get it.

Toss3 05-27-07 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superklye
But see, not everyone does get it.

Get what exactly? I mean 1080p is the highest resolution on TVs today(hence the term Full HD). I just don't get what the problem is? :o

superklye 05-27-07 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toss3
Get what exactly? I mean 1080p is the highest resolution on TVs today(hence the term Full HD). I just don't get what the problem is? :o

It's the same standard. That's like saying a double-layer DVD is a Full/True/Real DVD because it's got twice the space.

|MaguS| 05-27-07 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superklye
It's the same standard. That's like saying a double-layer DVD is a Full/True/Real DVD because it's got twice the space.

It isn't?

kevJ420 05-27-07 04:37 PM

720p or higher is true hd.

There's just different levels of HD.

PC gamers have been used to HD for years.

They need to go on and double the color output depth to 48 bit.

The fact that some lcds aren't even 16,777,216 colors is really ****ty.

I've always been more of person who prefers a more colorful less defined image to a less colorful more defined image.

The genesis had better definition but worse color precision compared to the Super NES.

The N64 had better definition than the PS1, but worse color precision.