nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Home Theater A/V (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   New Receiver on the way! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=92349)

ENU291 05-29-07 07:49 PM

New Receiver on the way!
 
Well I just ordered a new home theater receiver since I am seriously thinking of getting a PS3. I already have a 360, a Toshiba HD-A2, an HD cable box and (once I decide to buy it) a PS3. I was looking for something that had component to HDMI and HDMI switching thats affordable so I decided on the ONKYO TX-SR605. It's a 2007 model that seems to have everything I need. Hopefully this works out well for me. So what do you people think?

evilchris 05-29-07 07:52 PM

Re: New Receiver on the way!
 
Very loaded, especially for the price. Even comes with Audyssey which works very well if you don't want to pay for a professional calibration. Nice find.

superklye 05-29-07 07:53 PM

Re: New Receiver on the way!
 
I think this may be the one everyone over at AVS was blowing loads about after it was announced. But maybe not...that one was only $399.

Let us know how it works out. I'll be in the market for a new receiver in a few months and I love Onkyo.

ENU291 05-29-07 07:54 PM

Re: New Receiver on the way!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilchris
Very loaded, especially for the price. Even comes with Audyssey which works very well if you don't want to pay for a professional calibration. Nice find.

Thanks man. An evilchris seal of approval makes me feel alot better about picking this up. :thumbsup: Once I get everything setup I will let you guys know how it works out. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do about speakers. I don't have the space for my old AR1s anymore.

superklye 05-29-07 07:58 PM

Re: New Receiver on the way!
 
Whoa, that IS the same one from AVS, but $100 more. :(

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=832270

ENU291 05-29-07 08:03 PM

Re: New Receiver on the way!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by superklye
Whoa, that IS the same one from AVS, but $100 more. :(

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=832270

Wow?!? Where can I get it for $399?? I pre-ordered from Crutchfield so I can cancel with no problem.

Update: Well it seems that I had to pre-order this receiver MONTHS ago to get it for $399. Oh well... even at $499 it seems like alot of receiver for the price. I'm still getting it! :)

nekrosoft13 05-30-07 12:18 PM

Re: New Receiver on the way!
 
nice receiver, seems like mine just updated version.

mine has no HDMI. i will replace it when the time comes.

Toss3 05-30-07 01:26 PM

Re: New Receiver on the way!
 
Woode****inghoo, it's 650€over here! :(

Ancient 05-30-07 06:21 PM

Re: New Receiver on the way!
 
Nice. Be sure to give us a mini-review when you it comes in. I'm very interested in their HDMI implementation. There have been so many horror stories about HDMI switching that I've held off from buying a new receiver until those issues get straightened out. If Onkyo has a good implementation that doesn't degrade the signal, converts component to HDMI out well, and does 1080p passthrough properly I might have to take the dive.

betterdan 05-30-07 08:57 PM

Re: New Receiver on the way!
 
Good choice! I've got the Onkyo HT-S894 which includes the HT-R640 A/V Receiver and I love it.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cmZMcos...=580HTS894#Tab

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/pro...TS894-o-1.jpeg

evilchris 05-30-07 10:44 PM

Re: New Receiver on the way!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancient
Nice. Be sure to give us a mini-review when you it comes in. I'm very interested in their HDMI implementation. There have been so many horror stories about HDMI switching that I've held off from buying a new receiver until those issues get straightened out. If Onkyo has a good implementation that doesn't degrade the signal, converts component to HDMI out well, and does 1080p passthrough properly I might have to take the dive.

Thanks to companies like Sony and Pioneer, HDMI will never stabilize. You just have to deal with the issues.

Gorion 06-01-07 10:07 PM

Re: New Receiver on the way!
 
I've had an Onkyo for a couple of years now and love it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.