nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Linux (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Lockup on Lenovo T61 w/ 100.14.06 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=92434)

shassard 05-31-07 12:26 AM

Lockup on Lenovo T61 w/ 100.14.06
 
Hi there,

I had a brand new Lenovo ThinkPad T61 w/ an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M that I'm trying to get going under Ubuntu 7.04 with the beta 100.14.06 drivers.

The system installs the driver properly, but when I start Xorg, the screen goes completely blank, hangs the machine, and the alpha lock LED blinks.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Is their a workaround?

Thanks,
Steve

zander 05-31-07 12:48 AM

Re: Lockup on Lenovo T61 w/ 100.14.06
 
This is a known problem that should be fixed in the next 100.14.xx release. Unfortunately, there is no workaround (other than using an external CRT, rather than the internal panel).

jstigall 05-31-07 11:19 PM

Re: Lockup on Lenovo T61 w/ 100.14.06
 
Is there an ETA on this driver? I have a T61 and with gentoo all I get is a black screen when I try to load the nvidia driver.

netllama 05-31-07 11:59 PM

Re: Lockup on Lenovo T61 w/ 100.14.06
 
The next driver should be released in the near future.

jstigall 06-01-07 09:09 AM

Re: Lockup on Lenovo T61 w/ 100.14.06
 
I should have expected such a response. I won't hold my breath. :)

These laptops are starting to trickle out, I hope there is a driver before too many people get PO'd!

Oberon_Lyon 06-04-07 06:29 AM

Re: Lockup on Lenovo T61 w/ 100.14.06
 
Hello !
Same problem with laptop Asus Z53Sseries (8600M GS)
Good to know that you found the problem. I'll wait for next version of drivers.

robbyt 06-08-07 01:27 AM

Re: Lockup on Lenovo T61 w/ 100.14.06
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zander
This is a known problem that should be fixed in the next 100.14.xx release. Unfortunately, there is no workaround (other than using an external CRT, rather than the internal panel).


i'm having the same problem on my new macbook pro 2.2 w/ the nvidia 8600m :(

shassard 06-08-07 02:47 PM

100.14.09
 
Woohoo!

It looks like nvidia just put out a 100.14.09 driver, and my T61 w/ Quadro 140M is now working perfectly!

Now if Intel will just release drivers for the 4965 wireless ...

robbyt 06-09-07 11:01 AM

Re: 100.14.09
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shassard
Woohoo!

It looks like nvidia just put out a 100.14.09 driver, and my T61 w/ Quadro 140M is now working perfectly!

Now if Intel will just release drivers for the 4965 wireless ...

http://www.intellinuxwireless.org/
they've been out for a bit...

the installation process seems a bit tricky though

shassard 06-09-07 11:30 AM

Re: 100.14.09
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by robbyt
http://www.intellinuxwireless.org/
they've been out for a bit...

the installation process seems a bit tricky though

I've been trying to use them with Fedora 7, but I believe the hotplug loading of the firmware is failing, though I'm not sure why.

genx 06-27-07 04:41 PM

Re: 100.14.09
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shassard
Woohoo!

It looks like nvidia just put out a 100.14.09 driver, and my T61 w/ Quadro 140M is now working perfectly!

Now if Intel will just release drivers for the 4965 wireless ...

Could you post your xorg.conf?
Did you supply any acpi options to your kernel during boot, or when compiling?

Thank you.

shassard 06-27-07 05:20 PM

Re: 100.14.09
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by genx
Could you post your xorg.conf?
Did you supply any acpi options to your kernel during boot, or when compiling?

Thank you.

I didn't specify anything special when compiling, or booting the kernel. Pretty much everything stock worked as long as you used the nvidia binary driver.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.