nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Home Theater A/V (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Transporter 1 & 2 vs. Crank (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=93471)

1337_Like_ThaT 06-19-07 06:09 AM

Transporter 1 & 2 vs. Crank

So I have just recently saw Transpoter 1 & 2 and I enjoyed the movies alot, even though they may get cheesy at times. Just wondering what you all think about the movie Crank? One of Jason Statham's follow up movies after the Transporter......I've heard mixed reviews about this movie, even though HiDefDigest gives it an overall 4 rating, just wonder what your opions are, whether its just a renter or worth buying or staying away from. Thanks :)

Mr. Hunt 06-19-07 07:00 AM

Re: Transporter 1 & 2 vs. Crank

If you enjoyed Transporter 1 and 2, you should enjoy Crank... I think Crank is an awesome movie so long as you don't watch it expecting a serious/realistic movie... it is very over the top and the story isn't quite so great... but the action is awesome.

Also the PQ on the BD looks amazing.

ENU291 06-19-07 02:28 PM

IMO Crank was the worst movie I've ever had the displeasure of seeing... but again that's just my personal opinion.

Tr1cK 06-19-07 03:00 PM

If you liked T1 & T2, then you will like Crank. I like all 3 of them. I think Statham is a great action hero type and if any movie franchises get turned into games, it should be one of those two story lines.

lduguay 06-19-07 03:55 PM

I liked the outdoor scene with the girl with ppl watching... nuf said.

Tr1cK 06-19-07 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lduguay
I liked the outdoor scene with the girl with ppl watching... nuf said.

Amy Smart is hot. :thumbsup:

lduguay 06-19-07 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tr1cK
Amy Smart is hot. :thumbsup:

And skilled :captnkill:

A101Sugar 06-19-07 04:49 PM

I loved Transporter 1.

I thought the second one would be like the first and would be great, so I went and saw it when it first came out in theaters. All I can say is wow... what happened to early showings and editing it... an action movie isn't supposed to have the crowd laughing at the cheesy/ unrealistic action scenes. I can't believe a lot of the stuff in that movie made it to the final version. IMO the second one way bad........

Haven't seen Crank yet... need to go rent that :)

1337_Like_ThaT 06-19-07 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A101Sugar
I loved Transporter 1.

I thought the second one would be like the first and would be great, so I went and saw it when it first came out in theaters. All I can say is wow... what happened to early showings and editing it... an action movie isn't supposed to have the crowd laughing at the cheesy/ unrealistic action scenes. I can't believe a lot of the stuff in that movie made it to the final version. IMO the second one way bad........

Haven't seen Crank yet... need to go rent that :)

I agree, Transporter 2 had many over the top scenes, some of which were the computer graphics were horribly bad and other scenes that were too fake to ever be true. But I think all the action and martial arts makes up for it in the end and the story line wasn't too bad.

And this is the problem I've been encoutering with Crank, people who have seen the movie either Love it or Hate it, never can be a content viewer :p

ENU291 06-19-07 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1337_Like_ThaT
I agree, Transporter 2 had many over the top scenes, some of which were the computer graphics were horribly bad and other scenes that were too fake to ever be true. But I think all the action and martial arts makes up for it in the end and the story line wasn't too bad.

And this is the problem I've been encoutering with Crank, people who have seen the movie either Love it or Hate it, never can be a content viewer :p

Crank is Transporter 2 on steriods!

Muppet 06-21-07 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENU291
IMO Crank was the worst movie I've ever had the displeasure of seeing... but again that's just my personal opinion.

Couldn't agree more. I really liked Transporter and two was good but not as good as 1. But Crank was the biggest letdown I have seen. Worst movie of the year.

j0j081 06-21-07 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muppet
Couldn't agree more. I really liked Transporter and two was good but not as good as 1. But Crank was the biggest letdown I have seen. Worst movie of the year.

ditto but then again I should have known it would suck if SpikeTV was so heavily promoting it.