nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   have you ever bought wow gold? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=94244)

firehawk 07-03-07 12:36 AM

have you ever bought wow gold?

just a simple question, people do it obviously or it wouldn't still be around.

so....
have you ever done it?
what was the reason?
or why wont you?

nrdstrm 07-03-07 12:50 AM

Re: have you ever bought wow gold?

NO...NEVER...NIET...NADA...

I have never, and will never buy gold/items/pl/etc.....It RUINS the economy...I am as adamant against it as Brad from Sigil, though I have a distaste for him now as he (not only he, but mostly he) ruined Vanguard...

I won't even buy stuff if it's sanctioned (like EQ2 @ SOE)...I already pay 15 bucks a month..I enjoy playing...If I didn't enjoy playing, I still wouldn't buy stuff with RL money, because I would have quit the game...

All Gold Farmers are evil...PERIOD...

Flame me if you must, but then I'll simply tell you to f off... (Bottom line, no one can change my mind on this...)

Zeta 07-04-07 07:22 AM

I have never bought gold. Been tempted but I am sure I never will. Just does not make sense to pay for items in a game.

I work with a lot of WoW players and I can tell you that many of them have bought gold. One person I used to work with used her entire paycheck one time on WoW gold, over a grand. I am not joking either.

I have been given items from people I know that bought gold. Even that made me feel kinda dirty.

|MaguS| 07-04-07 07:35 AM

I feel the same as nrdstrm...

hirantha 07-04-07 07:48 AM

i know selling GW gold is illegal.. Gold farmers are getting baned as we speak.

|MaguS| 07-04-07 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hirantha
i know selling GW gold is illegal.. Gold farmers are getting baned as we speak.

Almost every MMO bans gold farmers...

Amuro 07-04-07 08:33 AM

I would if I had actually played WoW. It's basically just time vs money.

WeReWoLf 07-04-07 09:20 AM

No point in buying gold on WoW really. I myself used to farm my own gold, could get about 800g per week before TBC. I still currently hold the windrunner record for most epics farmed because of it :D (21 by the time i quit)

OldOfEvil 07-04-07 12:33 PM

Wow is not something I play all the time. I have disposable income. Its easy to see why people do it.

nekrosoft13 07-04-07 05:07 PM

once i bought gold in GW.

for a casual player they make it to hard to get a decent amount to actually buy something

xdaishanx 07-05-07 07:03 PM

In it and other games - easy choice also

I make plenty of $$$ and it lets me skip any boring , farming for money , part of any of the games

My time is worth much more to me -

Smee 07-06-07 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xdaishanx
In it and other games - easy choice also

I make plenty of $$$ and it lets me skip any boring , farming for money , part of any of the games

My time is worth much more to me -

Same here...

I love raiding, hate.... hate..... hate.. farming all day for pots and other consumables.

I had 16k gold that I farmed myself, at the time BC launched. Didn't really buy anything except my epic flying mount.. It lasted me quite a while, but ran out a month or so ago, i farmed my own raid mats for a few weeks.. but finally broke down and bought some a few weeks ago. I just can't stand mindless farming anymore.

It's easy for me to justify it.. I made a small fortune selling EQ plat back in the day. :p