nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Need help with OC... (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=94255)

kam03 07-03-07 10:15 AM

Need help with OC...

I would like to know if i need to increase any voltage for the following settings i am currently running at:

384fsb x 9 = 3456mhz CPU

384fsb x 2.0 = 768mhz memory

CPU voltage = 1.4750

Other voltage settings are on default.

Tested with ortos for 8 hours with no errors.

Anyone know a better way to achieve 3.4+ghz?

Sometimes when i switch the system on, the system loads and displays the boot sequence but after the sequence (after displaying the cpu settings and HDD, CD rom info etc) i get this black screen, then the system restarts with the bios on default cpu clock settings.

When i get this black screen sometimes the system freezes there so i restart the system manually but after i restart the system, the system loads up with default cpu clock settings.

Can this be caused since other voltage settings are left on default?

If i need to change other voltage settings, which ones do i need to change and what voltage value?

Thanks

Saintster 07-03-07 11:53 AM

Re: Need help with OC...

You may want to try and up the pci ,fsb, and nothbridge voltages up 0.1 v. The cpu volts look good see mine in sig. The rebooting is somethin in your overclock is failing during the boot sequence it may be those voltages that I mentioned. I would up those voltages and let your memory run at auto if those are not the stock settings. If the memory is at stock timings loosen them up and take the memory our out of the equation. Being that you can run ortos for eight hours i think they are from one or all of those voltages being too low try bumping the voltages that i mentioned up0.1v. Good luck

kam03 07-03-07 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintster
You may want to try and up the pci ,fsb, and nothbridge voltages up 0.1 v. The cpu volts look good see mine in sig. The rebooting is somethin in your overclock is failing during the boot sequence it may be those voltages that I mentioned. I would up those voltages and let your memory run at auto if those are not the stock settings. If the memory is at stock timings loosen them up and take the memory our out of the equation. Being that you can run ortos for eight hours i think they are from one or all of those voltages being too low try bumping the voltages that i mentioned up0.1v. Good luck

Thanks for the reply, I've done that but one question. Why do i need to increase the PCI voltage? because i have set the PCIe to 100mhz, its not OC'ed.

Since boot failure occurs areund ~ 2 out of 10 tries i have to wait until i can confirm its fixed.

Saintster 07-03-07 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kam03
Thanks for the reply, I've done that but one question. Why do i need to increase the PCI voltage? because i have set the PCIe to 100mhz, its not OC'ed.

Since boot failure occurs areund ~ 2 out of 10 tries i have to wait until i can confirm its fixed.

Since we have close to the same set up i was giving you my set ups in the bios. I had the same problem and adjusting these settings helped. Although it may have just been the fsb and the bump in v core that kept it stable. Here's my settings
DDR2/DDR3 overvoltage 0.2
PCI-e overvoltage 0.1
fdb ov 0.1
(G) MC overvoltage control 0.1
v core 1.45
Maybe just go with the fsb bump and see what happens. I'm thinking the pci-e overvoltage is to keep those devices stable when large fsb increases come into play. I'm not positive though. Good Luck

kam03 07-03-07 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintster
Since we have close to the same set up i was giving you my set ups in the bios. I had the same problem and adjusting these settings helped. Although it may have just been the fsb and the bump in v core that kept it stable. Here's my settings
DDR2/DDR3 overvoltage 0.2
PCI-e overvoltage 0.1
fdb ov 0.1
(G) MC overvoltage control 0.1
v core 1.45
Maybe just go with the fsb bump and see what happens. I'm thinking the pci-e overvoltage is to keep those devices stable when large fsb increases come into play. I'm not positive though. Good Luck

Thanks, i understand now. I tried v core on 1.45 v but it fails ortos on about 3 hours.

I have left the memory over-voltage to normal and all other settings same as yours.

I'll increase the memory voltage if i still get the same problem. Would i need to increase the memory? my memory is running at a lower speed of 768mhz instead of 800mhz. I guess i might need to since the fsb has increased?

Thanks

Saintster 07-03-07 08:30 PM

Try and run your memory on a 2.0 divider which equals 1 to1. Sounds like you are using a divider other than 1to 1 . If you aren't using the 9 multi then youare going to have to use a divider. If you are going for 3.6 use the 9 with 400 fsd and up v core a little watch temps.