nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Home Theater A/V (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   comcast hdtv hookup (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=94321)

fasedww 07-04-07 06:14 PM

comcast hdtv hookup

I got this new westinghouse TX-42F430S LCD TV, and getting comcast to come out and hook up a hdtv box, Can you get it hooked up HDMI?, Or are they going to hook it up componet I suppose.:confused:

Wavern 07-04-07 11:28 PM

Re: comcast hdtv hookup

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasedww
I got this new westinghouse TX-42F430S LCD TV, and getting comcast to come out and hook up a hdtv box, Can you get it hooked up HDMI?, Or are they going to hook it up componet I suppose.:confused:

Did you request an HD box? If so it'll either have DVI or HDMI. I'd ask them specifically to bring a box that can support HDMI.

retsam 07-05-07 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasedww

from what i know there are two hd boxes from comcast, the regular hd box, none dvr has dvi out while there dvi hd box has hdmi both sucK imho

mullet 07-05-07 11:35 AM

I have Comcast with the Scientific Atlanta HD / DVR box and yes it has HDMI and Optical out.

fasedww 07-05-07 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthBeavis
Yes. I have 3 HDMI pvr boxes (Moto 6412 III). . .they work well

Yeah ok thanks, I've told them I want a hdmi hookup, but you know how the sales or phone customer service people are, you get the feeling they really don't know very much.:)

Libertysyclone 07-06-07 07:24 PM

Be careful with your installer though, the first box I had brought to my house they brought component cables (which was fine since my Sony only has a DVI slot) but when I went and picked up my other box at the local office they gave me a 8ft HDMI.

If they dont bring HDMI or want to charge you for it, just get them from monoprice.com <--hope its ok to post this, they are the best price IMO. They also send very stout cables even though the quality of HDMI cable doesnt matter until something like 50 meters.

fasedww 07-06-07 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libertysyclone
Be careful with your installer though, the first box I had brought to my house they brought component cables (which was fine since my Sony only has a DVI slot) but when I went and picked up my other box at the local office they gave me a 8ft HDMI.

If they dont bring HDMI or want to charge you for it, just get them from monoprice.com <--hope its ok to post this, they are the best price IMO. They also send very stout cables even though the quality of HDMI cable doesnt matter until something like 50 meters.

I have a hdmi cable, just want a hdtv box that has the hdmi hookup, I'll find out sunday.:)

fasedww 07-08-07 03:56 PM

Well he had just the componet and dvi hookup, so I'm hooked up through componet until I go to the comcast shop here in north Mpls. Exchange it, and get a Hdmi one, it's a dvr with Hdmi hookup.:)

fasedww 07-09-07 06:31 PM

Well got my hdmi dvr box, I think the picture know is better than componet also I have hdmi out digital on my tv to my HTS-GS1 Pioneer 5.1ch Surround System, have the tv speakers and woofer along with the 5.1ch Pioneer together, sounds good, Looks good.:)

malachi1313 07-09-07 10:15 PM

None of the regular HD boxes support HDMI. Only the HD-DVR's have HDMI output.

evilchris 07-11-07 02:46 PM

SA 8300HD FTW

evilchris 07-11-07 05:10 PM

****s