nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Geforce 6800 AGP voltage (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=94357)

jtsn 07-05-07 01:16 PM

Geforce 6800 AGP voltage

I am unsure, if the Geforce 6800 AGP GPU runs in a 3.3 V only AGP mainboards. I know, there are older 6800 GPUs with a native AGP interface and newer ones with a PCIe/AGP bridge. The latter does not run in a old 3.3 V only AGP mainboard, because the PCIe/AGP bridge does not support that voltage.

But I have never seen a Geforce 6800 graphics card keyed for 3.3 V (AGP universal). Even the older boards without the PCIE/AGP bridge have only one notch and fit only into AGP 1.5 V capable mainboards.

My question is: Does the older Geforce 6800 GPU with the native AGP interface work in old 3.3 V AGP Mainboards? Or would such mainboards burn out?

jimmor 07-05-07 07:12 PM

Re: Geforce 6800 AGP voltage

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtsn
I am unsure, if the Geforce 6800 AGP GPU runs in a 3.3 V only AGP mainboards. I know, there are older 6800 GPUs with a native AGP interface and newer ones with a PCIe/AGP bridge. The latter does not run in a old 3.3 V only AGP mainboard, because the PCIe/AGP bridge does not support that voltage.

But I have never seen a Geforce 6800 graphics card keyed for 3.3 V (AGP universal). Even the older boards without the PCIE/AGP bridge have only one notch and fit only into AGP 1.5 V capable mainboards.

My question is: Does the older Geforce 6800 GPU with the native AGP interface work in old 3.3 V AGP Mainboards? Or would such mainboards burn out?

The standard, old, or whatever you want to call it, version of 6800 AGP card is NOT compatible with a 3.3v only mobo !

;)

daskid 07-28-07 10:07 AM

how do i check the voltage rating of my video card. Whenever I use my GEForce 6200 on my ASUS P5VDC-MX motherboard, the screen is flickerish and the card is too hot when I touch it. My motherboard has a limit of 1.5V. Are the new NVIDIA cards needs more voltage or my motherboard is just not compatible with the card I bought. Can you suggest an NVIDIA card that is compatible with my motherboard? I need GEForce 6 or higher for me to play VT3 thanks! :)

nIghtorius 07-28-07 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daskid
how do i check the voltage rating of my video card. Whenever I use my GEForce 6200 on my ASUS P5VDC-MX motherboard, the screen is flickerish and the card is too hot when I touch it. My motherboard has a limit of 1.5V. Are the new NVIDIA cards needs more voltage or my motherboard is just not compatible with the card I bought. Can you suggest an NVIDIA card that is compatible with my motherboard? I need GEForce 6 or higher for me to play VT3 thanks! :)

6xxx series are AGP3.0 cards (AGP 8x).. these are always 1,5volts. So it's not your board providing insufficients volts.

thekyro 11-25-07 04:26 PM

Besides 6800 AGP wont fit on an AGP 3.3v slot, if it does you will fry the video card, lol.