nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Petitioning for a BAN. (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=94431)

Capt. Picard 07-06-07 02:05 PM

Petitioning for a BAN.

Just wondering.

I know that only the Admins and the mods (I think) can ban people at their discretion. But would they consider banning someone if, say, enough people call for it regarding a certain individual.

For this purpose I thought that we perhaps could make posts here in the feedback forum in which we use a certain format, as is used in the FS forum; eg: BAN: _ _ _ _ _ to call for the summarily dismissal of someone.

As they say here in South Africa ... "Giving power to the people". Isn't that what a democracy is all about.

Tr1cK 07-06-07 02:07 PM

Re: Petitioning for a BAN.

Capt. Picard: Make it so, dammit!!!

|MaguS| 07-06-07 02:09 PM

I say ban Picard, Kirk would approve!

lduguay 07-06-07 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tr1cK
BAN: Capt. Picard: Make it so, dammit!!!

Fixed :)

Tr1cK 07-06-07 02:11 PM

Seriously though, how would you go about it? Make it a poll?

Capt. Picard 07-06-07 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tr1cK
Seriously though, how would you go about it? Make it a poll?

Yes, that might be a good idea. It'll give a nice graphical display of the ayes and the nays.

grey_1 07-06-07 03:52 PM

I could see cliches forming and animosity between forum users and mods arising.

I would just rather pm a mod something gets out of hand, they pretty effectively quell disturbances.

retsam 07-06-07 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grey_1
I could see cliches forming and animosity between forum users and mods arising.

I would just rather pm a mod something gets out of hand, they pretty effectively quell disturbances.

being here as one of the longest members, i have seen this forum over moderated and undermoderated, i currently like it in its present form, i think this should be left up to them.

crainger 07-06-07 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retsam
being here as one of the longest members, i have seen this forum over moderated and undermoderated, i currently like it in its present form, i think this should be left up to them.

QFT

I've only been here 3 years about now, but I agree. No need to fix what isn't broken. PM is everyone's friend.

radekhulan 07-06-07 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. Picard
As they say here in South Africa ... "Giving power to the people". Isn't that what a democracy is all about.

But what that really means is "average opinion" wins... Take 1 million stupid people, or 1 million "zeros", and let them vote. You will still get stupidity and/or zero. You will get Web 2.0 ;-)

Compare that to one genius... Single vote of a genius is always better than "giving power to the people" ;-)

"People" are stupid. Majority of them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution

grey_1 07-07-07 12:47 PM

Quote:

Yep, totally agree, though I haven't been around long as you...old guy. :D

Capt. Picard 07-07-07 12:57 PM

Quote:

Wait, you don't understand. I'm actually only saying that we make our feelings heard through a thread of somekind. The ultimate decision will still be with the mods.