nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   driver signing (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=96405)

Sycario 08-11-07 01:10 AM

driver signing

Why did they have to do that stupid driver signing crap anyway? It was hard enough to get ATITool to work before those patches, but now nothing will work. I love how they are always "improving" things. :rolleyes:

I like how they take most of the control you would normally have away to "protect" you (I'm guessing that's their reasoning).

LurkerLito 08-11-07 01:41 AM

Re: driver signing

Disable it :)

Temporarily:
When you boot press F8 and select it from the menu

Permanently:
From a command prompt type
bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

jcrox 08-11-07 01:41 AM

I was wondering the same thing..... what is the reasoning behind forcing the driver signing and not making it possible for the end user to permanently disable it? And why only x64 versions? Seems totally illogical to me at the moment.

jcrox 08-11-07 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LurkerLito
Disable it :)

Permanently:
From a command prompt type
bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

that doesn't work with the new hot fixes from what people are saying

Sycario 08-11-07 01:44 AM

That doesn't work anymore. Why should I be forced to hit f8 at every single boot just to get windows to work the way i want? Someone at MS needs to be slapped, me thinks.

grey_1 08-11-07 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaNiBuS
That doesn't work anymore. Why should I be forced to hit f8 at every single boot just to get windows to work the way i want? Someone at MS needs to be slapped, me thinks.

+1
I like vista, but I'm really considering going back to XP just because of these little "improvements". I can live without DX10.

retsam 08-11-07 05:42 AM

this sort of stuff is the very reason i wait for at least service pack 1 or 2 before migrating to a new MS OS....

Sycario 08-11-07 11:18 AM

The only reason I'm using Vista x64 is because I've been having problems with XP x64. When I install the chipset drivers my mouse and keyboard wont work anymore. I would be happy to ditch this piece of crap OS.

LurkerLito 08-11-07 06:48 PM

doh! Didn't realize the new patches did that. I haven't gotten anything that isn't off windows update yet since I am still setting up my new rig. I guess I'll hold off on those "fixes" for now.

XDanger 08-15-07 06:26 PM

Yeah damn that ,I just installed the bugger.:banghead:

Brent101 08-16-07 07:01 AM

I dont think there is much of a point holding off on the fixes because to Microsoft, this was a bug and I am guessing that in SP1, SP2 or whatever, the "fix" will be there as well. Perhaps I am wrong about this, but I dont think Microsoft wants you to disable driver signing expect on a temporary basis liking hitting F8 on reboot.

XDanger 08-27-07 08:56 AM

Hopefully someone will fix their "fix"