nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=96505)

glObalist 08-13-07 09:47 AM

More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced
 
Geez, and I only started to hit lvl 64 in TBC's Terokkar Forest...

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/

nVidi0t 08-13-07 04:10 PM

Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced
 
Of course I'm looking forward to this. Wouldn't expect anything less than a brilliant expansion from Blizzard.

lIqUID 08-13-07 04:17 PM

Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced
 
Another lame ass grind, no thanks. They still haven't balanced classes at all, and now they are throwing another into the mix. Not to mention the fact of all the raid content they are adding when less than 3% of the population have seen BT.

By the time this comes out most of the good PVPers will be playing Warhammer Online anyways:headexplode:

remove arenas, fix world PVP and give people a reason to want to kill the other faction, then I'll care. If I want to arena I'll play Guildwars, and if I cared about PVE I would be playing Everquest or something.

WoW = Waiting on Warhammer.

|MaguS| 08-13-07 04:18 PM

Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lIqUID
Another lame ass grind, no thanks. They still haven't balanced classes at all, and now they are throwing another into the mix. Not to mention the fact of all the raid content they are adding when less than 3% of the population have seen BT, and some of the rest.

By the time this comes out most of the good PVPers will be playing Warhammer Online anyways:headexplode:

remove arenas, fix world PVP and give people a reason to want to kill the other faction, then I'll care. If I want to arena I'll play Guildwars, and if I cared about PVE I would be playing Everquest or something.

WoW = Waiting on Warhammer.

Class Balancing? In a MMO? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

/dies

nVJoe 08-13-07 05:38 PM

Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lIqUID
Another lame ass grind, no thanks. They still haven't balanced classes at all, and now they are throwing another into the mix. Not to mention the fact of all the raid content they are adding when less than 3% of the population have seen BT.

By the time this comes out most of the good PVPers will be playing Warhammer Online anyways:headexplode:

remove arenas, fix world PVP and give people a reason to want to kill the other faction, then I'll care. If I want to arena I'll play Guildwars, and if I cared about PVE I would be playing Everquest or something.

WoW = Waiting on Warhammer.

Did you not see the siege play they added to the game?

MMOs are about grinding, get used to it or don't play them

WRT to balancing out the classes, it isn't going to happen. Here are the broken classes in order of brokeness

Druid
Pallies
Mages
Hunters

All of the above classes are GODS in PVP. They are so damn powerful that you need a number of other classes bring them down. If you are a warrior, priest shammie or rogue you are SOL. A warrior is only as good as the healer he has other wise he is a easy kill. Rogues can take down another class but not the classes I listed. If a rogue is in the open he is dead on sight.

Now let me focus in on druids for a second. This class absolutely pisses me off. Not only are they hard to kill one on one but they can tank better than warriors and then heal them selves. They have more HP and armor than warriors which is just out right maddening. If you want to tank be a druid and the warrior can just fall off of Azeroth because they are useless.

Pallies, for get about it. I have see 10 people try to kill a pally for over 4 minutes in AV. He had epic gear but so did many of the pvpers who were trying to kill him and you give the pally a couple of mods and BAM! you have a class in god mode.

Mages are just pure BS. They have slow, icelance which was toned down a bit but it still is wicked and they hit for a ton.

Hunters with their new mend pet improvement are nearly unstoppable. This talent they gave them broke them.

What they need to do is get rid of the long quest for Ony and Nax so people will go in there on their way up to outlands. They also need to cut down Ony, Nax, BWL and MC to 20 man raids so people will go in there on their way to Outlands.

My rant is over and with all that said, the new expansion looks fun. I play WoW on a new server on a new account. We hang out and do questing in our new guild to have fun. If you keep WoW on that level it is really fun. If you want to take it serious as some do, you will be frustrated because class balancing will not happen.

nVidi0t 08-13-07 05:40 PM

Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced
 
I haven't been to a raid in a long time, but I can still attend whenever I want. We are currently working on BT (SSC Cleared). I mainly play alts and do PvP. The gear from the standard 70 dungeons or heroic is good enough to get by even against T4/T5. You don't need to raid.

What UDawg said about pvp it totally true. (this coming from a warrior/rogue)

nVJoe 08-13-07 06:01 PM

Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nVidi0t
What UDawg said about pvp it totally true. (this coming from a warrior/rogue)

I do consider a class being over powered to be a broken class. It isn't fair to that class and all the other classes.

I will say this, I have a shadow priest on Baelgun name Blarf in the 40s bracket. He can do amazing things with his power. I can take on 4 or 5 and keep them busy till the flag carrier is safe. I will die but I will take down two with me and the others will be damaged very badly from my dots. They better not get in a fight right after me or they will die quickly.

Here is one example. I destroyed a pally that was a 49 and I am a 48. He never had a chance. I dot him up, vamperic embrace and fear him. While he is feared I spam mana burn. By the time he gets back he has half health and 3/4 his mana left. With my healing and another fear he is toast.

I also got jumped by a 46 priest. I was giving BG directions while on the horde's ramp. He dotted me up, popped me twice with smite and mind blast. I had 3/4 my health left. Then he feared me. Once I was done feared I had 200 HP left but that priest didn't know how to conserve mana. He was laughing at me and spitting at me when he thought he had a easy kill of a priest two levels above him. LOL Here is where it went wrong for him. I feared him, dotted him up and vanperic embraced him to get HP back. I healed my self to full health threw on gift of the naruu and symbol of hope to get more mana back. Then I went into shadow form and he shat a brick. He tried to run but I blasted him two times with mind blast and mind flayed him one time and he was dead. That made me really happy. :D

Ok one more story. I got on the boat in BB to go to Tanaris. A lvl 40 pally challenges me to a duel on the boat. First off I hate people who spam dueling challenges, it pisses me off. Secondly NEVER challenge a shadow priest on a boat. I wait till he hammer of GAYNESS stuns me, then I mind controled him and threw his arss off the boat. We were just before the screen load so he was way out in the water. LOL! He was swearing at me for 5 minutes or so it seemed. LOL I told him I hated pallies and he should never duel priests on boats.

vampireuk 08-13-07 06:17 PM

Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced
 
What I remember about warriors in pvp they take down 2-3 then just get dead big time.

nVJoe 08-13-07 06:22 PM

Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vampireuk
What I remember about warriors in pvp they take down 2-3 then just get dead big time.

A shadow priest can wreck a warrior easily and always could, that is of course if the priest is a good player but basically you are correct. Warrior ran in killed one or two and died. LOL most other classes can get out after killing a couple.

lIqUID 08-13-07 06:25 PM

Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nVJoe
Did you not see the siege play they added to the game?

MMOs are about grinding, get used to it or don't play them


that same siege play will be in Warhammer Online, so I wont be missing anything but some lame rep grind for subpar equipment, or better yet mote farming yay!:rolleyes:

you obviously like WoW and thats awesome, but I've been in it since beta 3 and I just want to play something not centered around raiders or faction grinding.

the approach Mythic is taking with Warhammer will at least make the game feel like less of a grind with the pvp related quests, and public questing systems.

|MaguS| 08-13-07 06:26 PM

Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced
 
I liked my hunter....

nVidi0t 08-13-07 06:26 PM

Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nVJoe
I do consider a class being over powered to be a broken class. It isn't fair to that class and all the other classes.

I will say this, I have a shadow priest on Baelgun name Blarf in the 40s bracket. He can do amazing things with his power. I can take on 4 or 5 and keep them busy till the flag carrier is safe. I will die but I will take down two with me and the others will be damaged very badly from my dots. They better not get in a fight right after me or they will die quickly.

Here is one example. I destroyed a pally that was a 49 and I am a 48. He never had a chance. I dot him up, vamperic embrace and fear him. While he is feared I spam mana burn. By the time he gets back he has half health and 3/4 his mana left. With my healing and another fear he is toast.

I also got jumped by a 46 priest. I was giving BG directions while on the horde's ramp. He dotted me up, popped me twice with smite and mind blast. I had 3/4 my health left. Then he feared me. Once I was done feared I had 200 HP left but that priest didn't know how to conserve mana. He was laughing at me and spitting at me when he thought he had a easy kill of a priest two levels above him. LOL Here is where it went wrong for him. I feared him, dotted him up and vanperic embraced him to get HP back. I healed my self to full health threw on gift of the naruu and symbol of hope to get more mana back. Then I went into shadow form and he shat a brick. He tried to run but I blasted him two times with mind blast and mind flayed him one time and he was dead. That made me really happy. :D

Ok one more story. I got on the boat in BB to go to Tanaris. A lvl 40 pally challenges me to a duel on the boat. First off I hate people who spam dueling challenges, it pisses me off. Secondly NEVER challenge a shadow priest on a boat. I wait till he hammer of GAYNESS stuns me, then I mind controled him and threw his arss off the boat. We were just before the screen load so he was way out in the water. LOL! He was swearing at me for 5 minutes or so it seemed. LOL I told him I hated pallies and he should never duel priests on boats.

Hahahaha great! I have a priest alt and I used to MC people into the lava before BWL (nana2)

The only class I can't stand in any way shape or form is Paladin. With my main (warrior) who is pretty darn well geared (months of Kara and SSC) I cant handle an epic paladin who happens to know how to play. It's the most frustrating thing I have experienced in the game. Their health pool, huge damage reduction through armor, resilience rating, bubble, heals and crazy burst dps are just absurd. It's even worse with my rogue where it's hard to even put a dent in their health bar.

Druids are a pain in the ass too. As soon as they shift to bear form and happen to have a healer nearby its just game over. At least I can demolish oomkin. Dueling a mage iis akin to a sherry enema. No thanks.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.