nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Home Theater A/V (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   HD DVD owners: have you had playback issues with combos on your stand-alone player? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=97140)

superklye 08-23-07 03:55 PM

HD DVD owners: have you had playback issues with combos on your stand-alone player?

I most certainly have. My HD-A2 is at v2.2 firmware (I didn't bother with 2.3 since it was mostly fixes for online stuff and there's some big patch comes in September, so I'm just going to wait) and 300 froze up around 44 minutes.

Before that, I was running 1.6 and The Hitcher and Smokin' Aces froze up...The Hitcher happened just moments before the film ended. Upgrading to 2.0 (at the time the highest firmware) fixed my problem with The Hitcher, but I didn't bother trying Smokin' Aces again since the movie was just terrible.

Those and other combos have all worked flawlessly in my 360 addon. It's just the A2 that has problems...anyone else here experiencing this?

evilchris 08-23-07 04:16 PM

Re: HD DVD owners: have you had playback issues with combos on your stand-alone player?

Never a single one, no BS man. I went from HD-A1 to XA1 to X360 to A2.

I've had poor quality scratched to hell Netflix discs but that's it. My A2 has the shipping firmware, never even checked it.

superklye 08-23-07 06:18 PM

Re: HD DVD owners: have you had playback issues with combos on your stand-alone player?

Damn man... :(

Some of of the issues are definitely disc related (CoM and The Good Shepherd) but a lot of people think it could be semi-faulty hardware causing the problem, too. :o

evilchris 08-23-07 06:33 PM

I did read about some 2.2 300 issues... I'll check what I have tonight

Mr. Hunt 08-24-07 07:06 AM

Great news for HD DVD!

superklye 08-24-07 07:11 AM

That might your dumbest post yet, Hunt.

Ruined 08-24-07 09:24 AM

There was a bad run of 300, I'd get it exchanged.

evilchris 08-24-07 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superklye
That might your dumbest post yet, Hunt.

He's bitter about the Paramount deal.

Mr. Hunt 08-24-07 11:21 AM

Yup, because only God knows what I will do without Top Gun in HD.

evilchris 08-24-07 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Yup, because only God knows what I will do without Top Gun in HD.

..and the other 60 titles :)