nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   email addresses on accepted list (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=97476)

evoblade2000 08-29-07 02:38 AM

email addresses on accepted list

NVNEWS,
I provided you a legitimate (ie. non-webmail) email address. Even though I PAY FOR my Yahoo! account. Now please let me change it to my Yahoo account so I will actually receive any email you send me. Can we PLEASE do something about his policy? I don't know if you are awash in a sea of fake emails, but 98% of other forums I use do not have this restriction and don't have spam problems.

/soapbox
(nana2)

crainger 08-29-07 05:09 AM

Re: email addresses on accepted list

NVNEWS says Chillax dude.

DiscipleDOC 08-29-07 08:39 AM

LOL.....I can see by your first post here how much of a pain you're gonna be.

You can't DEMAND that your email address to be accepted by the owner of nVNews! This is NOT a public forum where your will supercedes the rules of nVNews.

If you don't like it, don't let the door hit ya where the dog should'a bit ya.

evilghost 08-29-07 09:01 AM

Do you Yahoo?

|JuiceZ| 08-29-07 10:02 AM

nice first post...we use pm around these parts.

einstein_314 08-29-07 10:04 AM

Yahooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

evoblade2000 08-29-07 11:58 AM

I know it's kind of strong. But once you register and provide a real email address, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to change it to whatever you want. I was hoping to get some support on this, but that didn't seem to happen. oh well. I guess just some frustration coming out, because I had such a hard time registering for this just over my email address. Oh yeah, and this IS the feedback forum. The only way to get things changed is to do something about it. This is my feedback. I'm sorry you don't like it. Besides, my post was supposed to be a little bit-tongue in cheek/lighthearted thats why I used the smiley guy.

^_^

DiscipleDOC 08-29-07 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evoblade2000
I know it's kind of strong. But once you register and provide a real email address, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to change it to whatever you want. I was hoping to get some support on this, but that didn't seem to happen. oh well. I guess just some frustration coming out, because I had such a hard time registering for this just over my email address. Oh yeah, and this IS the feedback forum. The only way to get things changed is to do something about it. This is my feedback. I'm sorry you don't like it. Besides, my post was supposed to be a little bit-tongue in cheek/lighthearted thats why I used the smiley guy.

^_^

So in other words: You should be able to register you real email address, and change it to something fake? Sounds very fraudulent to me...

evoblade2000 08-29-07 07:14 PM

ITS NOT FAKE! Thats the whole point of my post! It just comes down to a fact that some people's only email address/only usable address is a web-mail box. If your determination of a legitimate email vs. a spammer is solely based on what domain their mail is from, once I register with an accepted email, accoriding to this system of verification, I'm not a spammer. Once that has been established I would like to change my address to one that is easier for me to check. My company's IT policies discourage non-business use of their email address, but that is the only one I could get to work.

evoblade2000 08-29-07 07:17 PM

JuiceZ,
A PM is a good idea. I couldn't find the username for the administrator, thats why I posted here. If you know what it is, could you please let me know?

evilghost 08-29-07 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evoblade2000
ITS NOT FAKE! Thats the whole point of my post! It just comes down to a fact that some people's only email address/only usable address is a web-mail box. If your determination of a legitimate email vs. a spammer is solely based on what domain their mail is from, once I register with an accepted email, accoriding to this system of verification, I'm not a spammer. Once that has been established I would like to change my address to one that is easier for me to check. My company's IT policies discourage non-business use of their email address, but that is the only one I could get to work.

Do you Yahoo? MikeC is the guy, he can likely update the database with the email address you wish to use to bypass the restrictions that concern you, PM him, he's a good guy. I can see your point but in such a rare case as this the benefit of disabling known vectors of 'throw-away' email accounts such as Yahoo/Google/Hotmail as a mechanism to thwart spam far exceed the inconvenience to select users.

evoblade2000 08-29-07 08:39 PM

Sounds like a good plan, thanks for the helpful respone, evilghost. Will do.