nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   I feel lame (WoW) (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=98302)

Tr1cK 09-12-07 03:56 PM

I feel lame (WoW)

I've been Horde hardcore since 2004 when the game released.

I recently rerolled Alliance. :headexplode:

Pity me, please. In my defense, I did it just to play with well skilled friends and I did make it a Draenei Shaman to be ugly and Hordish.

Monolyth 09-12-07 04:12 PM

Re: I feel lame (WoW)

Heh, nearly the same exact deal here.

I'm was Horde since back in the day too, and now...*sigh* I have since rejoined WoW this time as an Alliance, though my toon has a bald head with an awesome goatee & side burns...so...that keeps me happy. Plus he has a big staff...

nVJoe 09-12-07 04:35 PM

I used to be horde big time.. when there was a difference. Since BC came out, many alliance went to horde to be blood elfs. Now it doesn't matter what side you are on. The idiots have taken over WoW two years ago.

I went back to alliance so I could make a draenei priest since they are the best priests in the game. Let me tell you, they are by far the best priests in the game. Any way it's been pretty good on Baelgun. It is a smaller server on the west coast. The active ration is 1:1 and very little drama there.

Tygerwoody 09-12-07 04:47 PM

http://www.thegeekout.com/images/mmorpgcovertest2.jpg

Q 09-12-07 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tygerwoody

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerwoody's Signature
Disclaimer: The post you just read was not an insult directed towards anyone.

Hmm.... :D

nVJoe 09-12-07 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tygerwoody

Even if it was. It was still funny. LOL!

Tr1cK 09-12-07 05:21 PM

Reality would be the geeky boys playing elf chics in game.

Ninjaman09 09-12-07 07:12 PM

It's never too late to cancel your account! :D

Son Goku 09-13-07 06:53 PM

Eh, I've got chars under both factions. And when my orc hunter (now 69) hit 60, I thought some WSG might be nice for a change. I'm all too familiar with the people who jump in the middle, and farm honor the entire BG. They never bother to help each other out to achieve something (well many people) like in capping the flag, and if one helps them when they're getting pasted, they run from battle leaving one to die in their place.

So my experience? Lets just say it started with only 2 horde people against the entire alliance. And after some more people joined, us 2 were like "oh come on guys? We can't fight the entire alliance by ourselves" and they decided to jump in the middle and farm honor :eek:

That was little better then when a fellow guildie (in a now non-existent guild) I had been in was in AV. He was takign some elite boss or whatever it was, and as dieing he kept thinking to himself someone would be along. Right before he died, he turned around and saw 2 other alliance guys just standing there. When he came back, he was like "what the hell?" They were like "afk, afk Why should we have to fight, when we can just leech honor off of you?"

If that wasn't enough, the horde was standing there, just laughing at them :rofl The guy was so annoyed, he went and killed wolves the rest of the BG. When done, he had more then a little frustration to vent in guild chat...

lIqUID 09-13-07 06:57 PM

enjoy getting destroyed in every aspect of PVP.

Monolyth 09-14-07 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lIqUID
enjoy getting destroyed in every aspect of PVP.

It may appear that Horde are better at PvP, but appearances are deceiving. After playing Horde for 2.5 years all the way to 70, I can say that of all the BG's I was ever in, Horde "might" or "might not" win, the only guaranteed victory was pre-form (most of the time). And I had many a pre-formed Alliance groups roll me.

Tr1cK 09-14-07 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolyth
It may appear that Horde are better at PvP, but appearances are deceiving. After playing Horde for 2.5 years all the way to 70, I can say that of all the BG's I was ever in, Horde "might" or "might not" win, the only guaranteed victory was pre-form (most of the time). And I had many a pre-formed Alliance groups roll me.

+1

It's not like it used to be. Originally Allianced rolled over Horde due to a larger player base that was better equipped and played well together. Then Horde caught up in the loots and grew in numbers and it kinda evened out except for the AV terrain imbalance. Group play is key, which is what Alliance has had more of from the start.