View Single Post
Old 04-08-03, 02:56 PM   #141
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally posted by sapient
I AM talking about non enthusiasts. 3-4 years is longer than 2 OS cycles for MS. Even though I might be considered an enthusiast I am a student and a really poor one at that I only upgrade when i need to. I have had an Athlon 950 for about 2 years now and I am going to upgrade it soon. thats why I said 2-3 is the max. At my university they generally upgrade every 3 years (They have service contracts for 3 years so after that they usually upgrade). OEM is a very big market and they are not enthusiaists. A top of the line PC Atholon XP 2600+ can be had for around 700$ (albeit emachines) so that makes the point rather moot that people won't be upgrading as cost is the biggest issue in upgraidng. Enthusiasts will want an alienware whereas normal people would be ok with an emachines.

For Chalnoth as far as I rememebr the MSRP of ALL top of the line cards for ATI has always been $399 since Radeon and all teh retail stores like bestbuy and compus sell at the MSRP.

(sorry abt the delay in replying I had an exam today thats why I wasn't reading any replys)
Well Sadly non Enthusiasts don't even upgrade their Operatng system unless they have too.. Sadly but surely people who buy the Geforce 4 MX's are the biggest thing on the market. And you'd be surprised how many people think they have a top of the line machine..

(yes Nvidia is to blame for this)
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote