View Single Post
Old 10-03-06, 08:45 PM   #13
Supercargo

Default Re: Can't output to Sony TV via DVI

lenster,
Thanks for the conf. Unfortunately I was still not able to get the display to come up even after applying the various differences between our configs. Laso, it looks like you aren't running at 1080p which is what I'm trying to do here. Also, the driver rejected 1080i and 1080p as tv formats and defaulted to NTSC-M regardless of what I put there.

Out of curiosity, I did a diff between the Xorg.0.logs (verbosity 6) with the viewsonic connected and the sony connected.

Code:
14c14
< (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Wed Oct  4 09:19:11 2006
---
> (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Wed Oct  4 09:21:20 2006
452c452
< (--) NVIDIA(0): DFP-0: Internal Dual Link TMDS
---
> (--) NVIDIA(0): DFP-0: Internal Single Link TMDS

These were both run with the EXACT SAME Xorg.confs (with EDID disabled). The only difference between the two attempts was which DFP I had connected.

I find it strange that it switched to Dual Link on the viewsonic -- both DFPs are connected using single link cables -- I don't even think the 6150 is dual link capable.

Out of curiosity, I'd like to try to force the driver to use dual link with the Sony...I know this doesn't really make any sense, but its the only thing I have to go on at this point. Is there any way to force the driver to use dual link in xorg.conf?

Adam
Supercargo is offline   Reply With Quote