View Single Post
Old 08-21-02, 09:54 AM   #5
VoltFox
[] [] []

Send a message via ICQ to VoltFox Send a message via MSN to VoltFox

I've just run a quick test, I've just re-install windows twice with ACPI enabled and disabled...

And I've decided to turn the ACPI off because from that quick test I've already encountered 2 things...

1. If I enable ACPI and playing mp3 with my winamp, sometimes it skips or pause when I'm doing something else, ex. browsing the net or my folders... while when I disable ACPI I've never encountered those kind of problem...

2. When ACPI enabled, I've experienced a bit jerkiness when playing MOH:AA and GTA3, while with ACPI disabled I didn't experienced such jerkiness... I didn't test it with other games, coz that 2 games is the only game that I've played often...

I've installed the latest drivers except for VIA 4in1, I never trust it, VIA driver which comes from XP is a lot better in my experience...

Well, that's my experience, and disabling ACPI doesn't seem to hurt my com, the only problem is my system cannot goes Standby, but I never use it anyway...

Cheers...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD AthlonXP 1900+ @ 1,70GHz w/ Alpha8045 Heatsink & Sunon 50 cfm Fan
Epox 8KHA+ @ 142Mhz FSB
512 Elixir PC2100 DDR RAM 2-2-2 w/ Thermaltake Heatsink & Fan
Leadtek Winfast Geforce3 Ti500 @ 255/575Mhz
Sound Blaster Audigy DE
2x40 GB Maxtor D740X ATA133 7200RPM
Pioneer 12x DVD-Rom
RICOH CD-RW MP7125A Justlink 12x10x32x
Surecom 10/100 Network card
Antec 480w True Power PSU
WindowsXP Professional O/S
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by VoltFox; 08-21-02 at 09:56 AM.
VoltFox is offline   Reply With Quote