Originally Posted by bloodaxe70
i have replace the nvidia driver by nv in xorg.conf file, else xorg crash imediatly. but nvidia driver is charged.
I dont remember if you have a ubuntu system but i have it and these are installation istructions for me:
1. from synaptics search and install linux-image-xxx and linux-headers-xxx where xxx is kernel version (if you don't know it, type uname -r in terminal)
2. from synaptics search and install pkg-config xserver-xorg-dev
3. start linux in recovery mode (so without graphic interface).
4. type sudo apt-get --purge remove nvidia-glx nvidia-settings nvidia-kernel-common
5. type sudo rm /etc/init.d/nvidia-*
6. type sudo apt-get --purge remove linux-restricted-modules-`uname -r`
(pay attenction are ` and not ' )
7. type sudo nvidia-installer --uninstall
8. reinstall nvidia beta driver and select yes when the installer ask you if it can modify xorg.conf.