View Single Post
Old 08-21-02, 05:10 PM   #26
Registered User
gmontem's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 536

Originally posted by sancheuz
Jesus Christ people. I hope nobody got offended because of my comments. Once again, my only point and the only thing I meant to say from the beggining, is that if a person has a good video card right now, it would be better to wait till nvidia announces the nv30 and what it has, so that you can then compare it the 9700 and make a wise choice in which card to spend 400 dollars in. It doesnt matter if its 3, 4, or 5 months away. 400 is alot of money. If I spend 400 dollars, I want the best of the best and only the best.
I was under the impression that people should wait to compare the NV30 and the 9700, but buy the NV30 anyways because of your feeling that it will be that much better. One thing it seems you haven't factored out is pricing. By the time NV30 is released, ATI may have made enough funds from 9700 purchases that they can afford to reduce the price of 9700 competitively. Now it will be an issue of should I spend possibly $400 for the NV30 which may be only 10% faster, or should I spend maybe $300 on the R9700 with drivers which most likely has been polished by that time?
gmontem is offline   Reply With Quote