Re: GeForce 6150(GA-K8N51PVMT-9) 1.0-8178? Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel module!
The short version that worked for me is (on the MSI K8NGM2 FID):
1. Install Solaris, on first login, login as root to the Java Desktop (not actually a Java desktop, just a modified gdm/Gnome).
2. Open a terminal and run kdmconfig to confirm that Xorg is selected and not SunW.
3. ./NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-1.0-8776.run (latest Solaris driver as of 10/20/06)
4. update_drv -a -i '"pci10de,240"' nvidia
(those are single quotes enclosing double quotes enclosing the vendor id and device id)
5. reboot -- -r (when you get back to GRUB, there will be a new option, 'Solaris_transient_reboot' selected as the default. Don't change this, hit Enter to boot into it).
6. After a millisecond or two of console thrashing and failure to display the Nvidia splash screen, the 1600x1200 gui login screen appeared, I logged in, and have a nice accelerated desktop. W00t!
Last edited by fbg111; 10-20-06 at 07:57 AM.