View Single Post
Old 10-21-06, 02:50 PM   #1
Q

Default Spam threads going too far?

I love a good bit of spamming as much as the next guy...please...don't get me wrong.

Recently though, I've looked at the post counts in the last few spam threads and just said "WOW!". There are people with 2-3k posts in these threads. I've been here for over two years and barely have 2k posts.

And what's wrong with that? Look at someone like UDawg. He's got nearly 20k posts here. I know he's done his fair share of spamming, but I don't think he ever put 2000 into one thread. And because of that, I look at him and say "Here is someone who is a major contributor at this forum and is someone I can take seriously".

That's why it kinda bothers me when I see someone join and have 2000 posts a week later. They haven't contributed anything of any importance to the forum but have a post count higher than people who have made at least some contribution.

I've been here for a while, so I know who is who. I even like most of the new spammers! But for someone who is new to the site it can be confusing to know who is a legit contributor and who is just some spammer.

It's not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things, and some of it is even postcount jealousy on my behalf! But for the most part, most people put a lot of thought into there posts and it just kinda irks me to see people with 2k posts in a single thread and not a single post contributed anything to the forum.

I know I'm in the minority, but I just really felt that I needed to get that off my chest. How do you guys feel about this?
Q is offline   Reply With Quote