View Single Post
Old 10-22-06, 12:55 AM   #32
Daydre@m
QuadCore-SpamŽ Enabled

Send a message via MSN to Daydre@m
Default Re: Spam threads going too far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlitchford
I love a good bit of spamming as much as the next guy...please...don't get me wrong.

Recently though, I've looked at the post counts in the last few spam threads and just said "WOW!". There are people with 2-3k posts in these threads. I've been here for over two years and barely have 2k posts.

And what's wrong with that? Look at someone like UDawg. He's got nearly 20k posts here. I know he's done his fair share of spamming, but I don't think he ever put 2000 into one thread. And because of that, I look at him and say "Here is someone who is a major contributor at this forum and is someone I can take seriously".

That's why it kinda bothers me when I see someone join and have 2000 posts a week later. They haven't contributed anything of any importance to the forum but have a post count higher than people who have made at least some contribution.

I've been here for a while, so I know who is who. I even like most of the new spammers! But for someone who is new to the site it can be confusing to know who is a legit contributor and who is just some spammer.

It's not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things, and some of it is even postcount jealousy on my behalf! But for the most part, most people put a lot of thought into there posts and it just kinda irks me to see people with 2k posts in a single thread and not a single post contributed anything to the forum.

I know I'm in the minority, but I just really felt that I needed to get that off my chest. How do you guys feel about this?
Quite honestly,

i DO ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH YOU GUYS IN EVERYTHING YOU SAID...

And from that 2k post overnight, i know who you were referring to

But you have to say onething....

If i have to say so myself, i did a fantastic job, and quite frankly if MikeC wouldnt have come in, i would have entered into the 1st page club... No problem . LOL, it was a really long night and i really put everything into it
I mean, 2000 posts even one word ones, in one night is very very hard.

I mean i posted at the maximum rate you could i.e. 120 posts an hour.

well, it was fun while it lasted

But the most important thing is that now i know most of the guys whom posts i have been reading for the last 3 years ( i registered a year after i started reading nvnews).

and i will try to be a regular spammer...errrgh poster at the forums.

Anyways, sorry of i hurt anyone along the way. Jakup's was and is still on top of my list though . All jokes aside, you have always been an inspiration

and for lightman's question, for a sec after i saw the thread disappear i got something a LOT MORE PAINFULL than a heart attack

Oh and THANK YOU MIKEC !!!
Core 2 Duo E6500 @2.93Ghz| Foxconn X38A Digital Life Motherboard| 4GB Geil DDRII @1066Mhz| Evga GTX260 | Thermaltake Armor Series Casing| OCZ 600Watt StealthXstream| Seagate 500GB SATAII 3Gbps/32Mb Cache HDD's| Viewsonic 28" LCD| Logitech X-550

Current Rig 2:
Intel E5500 @3Ghz| MSI Neo 2 FP/P35| Corsair 2GB DDRII @900Mhz| 2x ATI HD3870s Crossfire| Cooler master Casing| OCZ 600Watt Stealth X Stream| Seagate 120GB HDD| Hanns G 22" Widescreen LCD| Bose 2.1

Current Rig 3:
Intel E2180 @ 2.7Ghz*|Geforce 8600GT*| 2GB Kingston DDRII 667*| Asus P5Q Pro Motherboard|Acer 22" Widescreen LCD| Bose 2.0

*Yeah I know it sucks!
Daydre@m is offline   Reply With Quote