View Single Post
Old 10-22-06, 06:59 AM   #94
agentkay

Default Re: Official Flight Simulator X Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter
Thanks, looks way better. 60GB, wow!
Never heard of X-Plane before. Maybe I'll test it once, there is a Mac version also
Windows, Mac and Linux are all supported since the engine is OpenGL based. I bought it at "application-systems.de" because they offered an exchange of the old X-Plane 8 version for the new one with Global Scenery for a reduced price.

The good thing is that you donīt have to install the whole scenery. For instance if you want to just fly in Europe and North America, you install the 2 DVDs with these sceneries and leave the other 5 DVDs in the box (yes it has 7 DVDs in total). You can always add or remove sceneries.

Give it a try, but remember it is different from the gameplay side than FS9/FSX (no missions, flight school etc.).

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote