View Single Post
Old 10-25-06, 08:50 AM   #27
wschutzer

Default Re: black screen with nvidia 1.0.9625

Hi Loni,

Fedora Core 6 was out yesterday and I installed it. I tested 9625 and 9626 and nothing changed. I still get nothing but a black screen I could post new bug reports, but they would look identical to the ones I posted before, so these drivers are definitely not for me.

I managed to get 8776 up and running, though it was a minor disappointment. Since this version doesn't support AIGLX, Xgl is the only way I can obtain some eye candy. But even this is not working anymore. It seems the community assumed that 9626 was good for everyone so there was no reason to worry about Xgl anymore. Unfortunately, it's a bit hard to compile Xgl on my own and the last version is for Fedora Core 5. With this version, I cannot run compiz due to an error I could not fix and beryl only gives me a white cube! I browsed compiz and beryl forums for solutions, it looks like I am the only one in the whole world to be suffering from this problem.

Well, unless you have some good news, I guess I can only sit, wait and hope that the next version of the driver will work for me.

Best,
Waldeck
wschutzer is offline   Reply With Quote