View Single Post
Old 10-25-06, 12:01 PM   #101
einstein_314
w00t!!

Default Re: Official Flight Simulator X Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by queth
The game is defenitly fun but it has issues.

i tuned into a vor for otis AFB but the vor never picked it up ? the freq was taken from the map. the morse code was comming through but nothing registered on the needle.
the tutorial for vor didn't appear to set the instruments right.
I've had radio voices not work at all.
There appear to be lots of bugs in the game.

the graphic anomolies on vista are insane and isnt this suppose to be a vista game? I'm sure its the drivers but it surely has issues such as flourescant shapes instead of shadows and lots of terrain flickering, etc...

Performance needs a huge boost, forget using auto gen. even without it on and everything else set to at least high only get near 15 fps avg at ANY resolution.with autogen on sparse fps will drop to 5 or 6 fps.

system is 3.2EE, 2gb ram, 7800gs AGP.
Vista has no official drivers yet so performance is going to be crap. And I'm sure that's why you're getting graphical anomalies too. Wait for an official driver before judging it. From what I understand, you're lucky that the drivers that are available even have support for ANY 3D stuff. They were released purely for the AERO interface. Nothing more.

And Capt. Picard, the crashes are quite lame actually. You basically just end up sticking out of the ground. No explosions, no flames, no crumpled plane. Just a plane planted in the ground. That's the one thing I wish they would add was actual crash physics. I don't think it would be that hard to do...or maybe it would
Logitech Z-5300 Speakers || Sennheiser HD555's || Logitech G7 || Logitech G15 || Windows Vista Ultimate x64
einstein_314 is offline   Reply With Quote