View Single Post
Old 10-30-06, 06:39 PM   #21
inordkuo

Default Re: nVidia driver corrupts pcHDTV 3000 mpeg stream

i didn't verify this with azap but i did test by tuning to the pchdtv on different myth frontend machine and going back and forth from init 3 and init 5 on the backend machine where the card is installed. when in init 5 if there is any X activity on the backend, on the frontend, the tuner signal gets distorted (audio dropout/stutter and video corruption). as soon as i go to init 3, everything is fine. i spent this entire weekend trouble shooting this problem. it tried swapping pci slots. i tried removing everything except for this card but the problem persisted. in the end i figured i'd try and switch my frontend and backend machines. the backend was an hp desktop. the frontend was a machine i put together. i was guessing that hp went cheap on the power supply and that it would be more noisy than the antec ps i bought. i'm not sure that was it, but i don't have nearly as much distortion when x is running using this new setup. i have to be doing something pretty X intensive like run an hd show and start another program, to even get the card to briefly lose signal lock now. it's not perfect but its usable now.
inordkuo is offline   Reply With Quote