View Single Post
Old 11-03-06, 04:40 PM   #9
tmchardy

Default Re: Black screen in NVIDIA MCP51 + GeForce 6150

A bit old, but yes, these drivers get me going on the same hardware too. I'm glad it's not just me as I was feeling pretty alone being the only one who couldn't use the 8xxx series drivers. However, I *DO* run cedega, and there is an issue right now. Apparently boxes that are supposed to be transparent are showing up as black squares, rendering the only game I play, WoW, completely useless. So although I can get into my OS now, it's still not usable as a gaming machine. (Close, but no cigar.)

Also, I've noticed that if I boot up with these drivers, if I Ctrl-Alt-Fx to another console, the screen will be odd colours and will occasionally lock up the computer (complete repower the machine freeze). I don't know if anyone else is seeing that. I'm hoping that these two issues will be resolved in the release of this driver. For now, at least I can actually boot the machine with these drivers.

If anyone knows how to solve either of these two issues without having to sit patiently and wait for the next beta or release, please let me know.

btw, I'm using a Compaq Presario V6030US with FC6 x86_64. Finding someone with a 6042 sounds about as close as I'm going to get. I'm still strugling with the audio (headphone issue) but I found a few alsa fixes that I'm going to try that may solve that - so it sounds like more of an alsa issue then a problem with the mcp51 audio.
tmchardy is offline   Reply With Quote