Originally Posted by netllama
I have a few questions:
0) Have you verified that you're using the latest BIOS for the motherboard?
1) If you set NvAGP to 0 in xorg.conf does that have any impact?
2) If you boot with the noapic and/or acpi=off kernel parameters, does that have any impact?
0) Yes, I have the latest BIOS. V5.3 for the MSI NEO P4 Mainboard.
1) No, same effect.
2) a) noapic does not have any effect. b) I cannot boot with acpi=off, the kernel hangs right after showing a few io schedulers.
Any other idea?
Thanks a lot,