* Added initial support for GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap.
* Added new "Display Configuration" page in nvidia-settings.
* Improved workstation OpenGL performance in Xinerama.
* Improved X driver error recovery.
* Improved workstation overlay performance.
* Fixed DFP scaling support.
* Added support for OpenGL 2.1.
* Added new "TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder" X configuration option to
control the order of display devices when in TwinView.
* Fixed some problems related to TV Out.
* Added new NVIDIA logo artwork to nvidia-settings and X driver splashscreen; the X driver splashscreen can now be configured with the new "LogoPath" X configuration option.
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/i386
is available for download via HTTP
If you are using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
or a more recent FreeBSD 6.x
release, please make sure that the compat5x-i386
package is installed.
Note that the gtk-2.x ports package(s) shipped with FreeBSD releases > 5.3-RELEASE
are binary incompatible with those shipped with FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
; due to this, the `nvidia-settings`
binary shipped with 1.0-9629
will not work on FreeBSD > 5.3-RELEASE
. This problem can be solved by (re-)building `nvidia-settings`
# fetch ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nv...ngs-1.0.tar.gz
# tar zxf nvidia-settings-1.0.tar.gz
# cd nvidia-settings-1.0
# install nvidia-settings /usr/X11R6/bin
If you encounter any problems with the 1.0-9629
NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and any relevant log files.