Debian Sarge nVidia Driver problem
I have Debian Sarge and I have updated the nVidia driver to last release, Latest Version: 1.0-9629. I have a GeForce 4 Ti4400 128 Mb
I have followed this steps:
- Updated Kernel Image and Kernel Headers to 2.6.8-3-686
- Installed the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-9629-pk g1.run
- Splash Screen appears and Ic an setup the desktop to desired resolution
- When I go to nVidia X server Settings / OpenGL/GLX information, the program crashes to desktop with no messages
- So, I have not 3D aceleration activated.
In Synaptic, I se that I have installed the nVidia KErnel Legacy 2.6.15-1-686 and nvidia-kernel-common, but I can't see the nvidia-glx
I don't know what to do for activating 3D aceleration, any help?