Re: My screen shutdowns when I use nvidia driver
I checked the steps decribed in this link.
1) Stability problems.
* I have only one processor, and only one processor core.
* I'm not using an IA64 processor. I have an athlon XP
* I don't see strange messages on syslog about NVIDIA module. That only what I see
with dmesg: "NVRM: loading NVIDIA Linux x86 Kernel Module 1.0-9629...."
2) I searched for a thread which talk about this. And I see any stories about black screen...
It's difficult to detect a problem which could be the same than mine.
3) Ok. Step by step. When I start gdm, the screen (which have a green LED when all works
and the computer is running) becomes black as if my computer were shutdown. Its LED becomes orange.
I can hear gdm starting. It seems I can control my computer with the keyboard.
But during this session, my screen stay black so I have to reboot...
4) I don't have an other computer to execute remotely nvidia_bug_report.sh.
So I executed it towards the crontab after launching X --verbose 5(only X and not gdm).
The result is in attachment.