View Single Post
Old 11-15-06, 07:47 AM   #99
elinran

Default Re: Nvidia 6200 and ATI RS480/482 chipset incompatibilities

Not really. Tux-racer seems to run fine for as long as you want. I can run multiple glxgears. I tried enabling some GL screensavers they ran for a few hours then it froze with one of them on the screen. Then I tried only enabling non-GL screensavers and all was good all day but found the system frozen the next morning. Have screensavers disabled and not had any freezes for over 24 hours. I have not had any when typing or clicking links like I was having.
My computer, an HP a1310n, with integrated ATI Raedon Express 200 (with official ati driver) only froze when you shutdown or rebooted -- black screen if you tried ctrl/alt backspace also. I originally installed the nvidia card so that I could shutdown without having to use the power off on the tower. With the eGeForce7300GS it shuts down and reboots fine. The freezes seem to be under control by not enabling screensavers. Screensavers are not that big of an issue, but I have an AMD64 3700 and it should be able to do whatever I want to do.
elinran is offline   Reply With Quote