View Single Post
Old 11-18-06, 04:21 PM   #1
mnm

Default Installed 9629 and AGP Disabled on Reboot

Hi

I am running a machine that tracks Debian Unstable and was previously using the packaged version of the nvidia driver. In order to attempt to get a custom 1080i mode working (I have the usual problem of a 30Hz refresh reported as 120Hz hence interlaced modes tend to be difficult to get working if not impossible on my screen) I uninstalled the packaged driver and installed the 9629 driver using the nvidia installer. This works fine until I reboot at which point Xorg fails to start.

I have attached bug reports generated when X is working (i.e. restarting X without reboot after installing the driver) and when X is not working (i.e. after a reboot). X appears (from the logs) to start normally in each case. The working bug report is the .SUCCESS.log file and the failed one is the .FAILED.log one.

The only difference I have noticed is the AGP is disabled after a reboot yet both modules (nvidia-agp and agpgart) are present in both situations.

I'm a bit stuck as to where to go next with this one. Any ideas would be much appreciated, I don't really want to slot in a call to the driver installer on startup

For completeness I followed this process to install the driver

Code:
# get the tools that build stuff
apt-get install linux-headers-`uname -r` build-essential gcc xserver-xorg-dev pkg-config
# remove the packaged nvidia tools
apt-get --purge remove nvidia-glx nvidia-settings nvidia-glx-legacy

/etc/init.d/gdm stop

# run the installer
cd ~/downloads/system
sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-9629-pkg1.run -n -s --x-prefix=/usr/lib/xorg/ --kernel-source-path=/usr/src/linux-headers-`uname -r`

# start gdm
/etc/init.d/gdm start
Cheers
Matt
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-reports.tar.gz (70.0 KB, 96 views)
mnm is offline   Reply With Quote