View Single Post
Old 04-22-03, 11:38 PM   #2
SpaceMunkey

Default Re: sn41g2 sound problems

Hello,
I have the same system and the same distro running. For the sound i used the alsa-projects latest driver which works like a charm with the audio [haven't tried spdif outpout though, since i don't have spdif speakers]. Also check out http://www.simiannetworks.org/hoolis/galapagos/ if you need any info about setting up the sound/graphics. pretty much for sound it's just dl the latest alsa-libs, alsa-utils, and alsa-driver files, I think the latest is 0.92. good help docs at alsa sound:

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc...odule=intel8x0

Quote:
Originally posted by kknox
Hello,

I am the owner of one of the new Shuttle Xpc cases, called the sn41g2. I am still very new to linux, but am trying to get comfortable with it to use mythTV.

I've installed Suse 8.1 linux on my machine, and then I installed the nforce 0248 drivers. At first, only the network and USB would work, I couldn't get my sound to work. I've been tinkering with it over the past week or so, and I've managed to get the sound to work sorta now. When I reboot my machine (or just boot up) I have no sound. I then have to type "modprobe nvaudio" and the driver gets loaded. I have to exit KDE, and when I log back into KDE, I now magically have sound. Unfortunately, whenever I reboot the machine, I lose the sound again, and I have to manually load the driver. Why does the driver not stick around after reboot?

As I understand it, this is what the modules.conf file is for, and I do have it properly set up now. This is what my modules.conf has inside:

alias eth0 nvnet
alias sound-slot-0 nvaudio
alias usb-interface usb-ohci

The readme.txt file that came with the drivers were a little bit wrong. I had to change the second line from:
a) alias sound-slot-1 i810_audio
to
b) alias sound-slot-0 nvaudio

Now, the drivers will load up when I manually type modprobe nvaudio. However, I would like the sound to initialize when I boot up my machine! I have run the depmod -ae program.

Does anybody have any clues?!?

Thanks in advance!

Kent
SpaceMunkey is offline   Reply With Quote