View Single Post
Old 11-29-06, 01:22 PM   #1
technoid

Post Need for Speed Carbon Benchmarks

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in running a FRAPS based benchmark in Need for Speed Carbon so we can compare graphics cards? I think it would be nice to see how the whole range of Geforce cards run in this game since it definitely slows down most cards.

If you setup FRAPS to record the MinMaxAvg and stop automatically after 90 seconds you can get a pretty good idea of how it performs on your system. What I did was choose the very first race in the Quick Race section and then start the recording as the GO screen appears. If you drive the race not trying to be super fast the recording will end just before the end of the race. The first race is a Speedtrap race so there's no other racers and you get pretty good repeatability from run to run.

I'm at work now but I'll post my results when I get home tonight if anyone is interested in doing this. I'm looking to upgrade my system in the next few weeks so I'm trying to get some numbers for a game that really slows down my 6800GT based system. I'm still on AGP and am thinking about a 7950GT or 8800GTS upgrade.
technoid is offline   Reply With Quote