View Single Post
Old 11-29-06, 11:28 PM   #4
sonicx

Default Re: system freezes, geforce 7800, latest drivers

first off thank you both for your quick answer, as i a am kind of desperate i appreciate that.
i tried not loading the dri modules earlier, without success. removed that line again now but doesnt help now either.
a mem problem sounded plausible, i ran a few runs memtest86. it seems that the ECC on one the memory is either defect or incompatible with that mainboard. it gave out like 50 ECC errors a sec. but no "real" mem errors. so i disabled ECC in the bios, now memtest ran as i expected completly without errors. this removed the MCEs appearing every 5mins and strangely improved loading performance, but the freeze problem still is there.
so i set the NvAGP to "0" with the effect that quake4 ran with about 60-70% frames less, but it frooze at exactly the same point it always does is use the same settings. about 30s after the intro started, or the moment i skip the intro.
i searched all the logs again, but to no avail, theres nothing what looks strange.
ill make a new bugreport right now, with NvAGP set to "0", maybe that helps.
im pretty much out of ideas. i dont think its a mem prob, as i can completly use it with non gl progs.
for infos sake i tried more games and stuff, everything gl behaves like quake4, the less detail and textures the longer it lasts. i was able to play a large q3 deathmatch for hours, without any heatups, voltagedrops or so.
could the gpu be faulty? i mean, i dont think so as it is nearly new and hasnt been really used yet. the mb is new, the psu too.
got more ideas? im eager to try them.
regards,
sonicx
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report.log (143.2 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by sonicx; 11-30-06 at 01:37 AM.
sonicx is offline   Reply With Quote