View Single Post
Old 12-04-06, 02:35 PM   #166
Tym

Question Re: Official Flight Simulator X Thread

On a slightly different note... FSX finally convinced me to upgrade, and while it can still bring the C2D/8800 combo to its kness, the jump from 7800GTX was well worth it (in fact, it simply made the game playable at reasonable settings). However, I've run into an unexpected problem with my dual display setup.

I use DualView, and my secondary screen is rotated 90 degrees clockwise (I use the same machine for translation work, and its great for a full-page view). With the 7800, I was able to play FSX on my primary display (full screen), and instrument panels displayed OK when dragged to the secondary screen. However, on the 8800, when I try to move the instrument panels to the secondary screen, they are displayed as if screen rotation was off in the drivers (when I drag them to the right from the main display, they appear from the top of the screen, rotated 90 degrees CW, thus aligned physically with the screen). Interestingly, the cursor displays correctly, only the panels are affected. Could I ask anyone running a dual display config to verify whether the problem exists on their machines with 8800 as well? I hope it's not too much hassle.

TIA
Tym
i5-2500K with Thermalright SI-128, Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3, 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600, Palit GeForce GTX 460 Sonic Platinum, Samsung 275T Plus 27" + Samsung 943T 19", Auzentech X-Fi Prelude + Rotel RA-820AX + Kef Q1, Razer DeathAdder mouse, Antec P190 case, 60GB OCZ Vertex for OS/FSX + 2 x 640GB WD Black RAID1, Plextor PX-880SA DVD-RW; OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64; FSX gear: Saitek X52 Pro + Rudder Pedals + Yoke System
Tym is offline   Reply With Quote