View Single Post
Old 12-07-06, 12:21 PM   #1
litri
Update Machine

Question Beginner OCing X2 4800+

Hi,

I know there is another thread which is self-explanatory about OCing, but i have some questions that you might help me to clarify.

For the start i went to the mobo (see sig) bios options and set the overclocking options to manual, then i pushed the FSB frequency to 219 which is the maximum my memory sticks (see sig) cand handle at the lowest timings (dunno if they could go higher), i locked the pci-e frequency to 100 and left everything else at default (HTT x5, FSB Multiplier and so on), I booted up into XP with no problems and the first thing i did was to run Everest, Sisoft Sandra (i know those are not demanding test) to see that i had the gain i was expecting, of course, performance improved.

After toying around with the PC playing some games for like 30 min. i wondered if that wasn't enough and trying to be really sure about stability i run Prime95. To my surprise, the PC could not even finish the first test (are there more?) in the torture run and got an error seconds after it started.

I tried then to run all the CPU and Memory test from Rightmark Memory Analyzer and everything went perfect, i was shocked.

What is wrong with Prime95? Could you give some tips as to how far can i push this processor with air cooling?

Another thing that worries me is that the HTT bus is running at 1095 mhz...

Is the HTT speed the problem?? Is there a way to lock it?

Thx.
Asus M4A79 Deluxe
2x VTX3D 4850 1GB
1x WD Raptor 450 GB
1x WD Raptor 300 GB
1x WD Caviar se 160 GB
1x Plextor Premium CD-R\RW 52x/32x/52x
1x Plextor DVD-R\RW PX-760SA
Coolermaster CM690-II Advanced
Super Flower SF-1000P14HE Amazon 80plus

Last edited by litri; 12-07-06 at 01:27 PM.
litri is offline   Reply With Quote