View Single Post
Old 12-11-06, 04:29 PM   #104
lithiumfx

Default Re: Nvidia 6200 and ATI RS480/482 chipset incompatibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniart
I don't know if a petition will count for something, but let's do it.
lithiumfx, go forward and tells us where we sign.
How about here? I have no idea how to start a petition, at least not against a corporation such as Nvidia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaric
This machine is rock solid stable with a FX5200. The instability started immediately after I put in a brand new FX6200 (AGP8x card). I have a motherboard with AGP4x by the way.

I investigated my logs and found that harddisk errors had started IMMEDIATELY after inserting the FX6200 -- BEFORE starting X OR LOADING THE NVIDIA DRIVERS!
Alaric,

As Lonni says, this isn't the problem we're discussing in this thread. The hard disk errors might be a sign of a failing hard disk - my FreeBSD box displayed similar errors shortly before disk death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netllama
alaric,
The problem that you're having is not the same as what is being reported in this thread. This thread is specific to PCI-Express GeForce 6200TC cards, not AGP cards (which are not TC). I'd suggest creating a new thread for your issue.

thanks,
Lonni
How about replying to the post about this not being a hardware issue, Lonni. Ignoring the complaints of your customers won't make the problem go away.