View Single Post
Old 04-25-03, 09:06 AM   #38
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default GameVE Update!

I was beginning to think this thread had disappeared.

I have an update, and this is something I'll post at ********* later. I called GameVE and talked to a really nice guy named John. He told me that although the company had ordered the PowerPack cards, what we received is what Gainward had shipped them.

He claims he was going to talk to his manager today to see if we could work out some sort of credit. I told him, gimme $30-50 back on my credit card and we'll call it even because I didn't receive DVD software, firewire card or sound card.

If any of you ordered from GameVE, call (800) 228-9395 and ask to speak with John. Call him at about 4 p.m. PST to see if he'll offer you the same deal. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. However, if he can't come through, I'm going to RMA my card. If you decide to do the same thing, make sure you put in the note that you spoke to John and that you would return the card with no restocking fee.

I will update as this situation progresses. I'm really hopeful GameVE will come through on this and offer some kind of credit. I can live with paying $360 for this card - for an FX 5800 Ultra I think that's a pretty good price.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote