Advanced Control Panel and Profile Editor for nVidia cards
Version 2.1.1 (Jan 21st 2007)
.NET Framework 2.0
nVidia's own control panel is not always very intuitive to use. Especially the 3D rendering settings are very cryptic and difficult to navigate. Even the new control panel introduced with the 9x.xx line of Forceware drivers isn't a real improvements for these problems.
nHancer is a tool to improve the usage of these features. Both normal and advanced users should find nHancer to be a big step forward.
Additionally, nVidia drivers include a unique feature, that allows them to define profiles for every game, which control various image quality, compatibility and optimization aspects. But in the standard control panel, this feature is even more cryptic to use, so most people never bothered about it.
But it's such a powerfull and handy tool, even for the average guy. So another aspect of nHancer is to improve the handling of those profiles by adding many features that the normal control panel doesn't offer at all and improving the ones that it does offer.
Lately, this feature has received some new attention, since the new SLI technique
requires nVidia to provide such a profile for a game to get any speed improvement. But these profiles are just as interesting even without SLI
, just to enhance the gaming experience with any game.
To see what kind of difference nHancer can make for your games, check out our Visual Comparison
of the various Anti-Aliasing modes
and Anisotropic Filter modes
System requirements for nHancer
- Support of Forceware 60 and later, including the new 96 and 97 line
- Support of all GeForce cards, including the new GeForce 8x00 line
- Support for single card, SLI and Quad-SLI systems
- On-the-fly control of all global quality and performance-enhancing settings for all games
- Create and manage fully automated profiles for all your games
- Very easy to use, explains all options and their effects, like Anti Aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering, etc.
- Special options for nVidia's SLI feature, allowing you to to use almost every game with SLI even if nVidia doesn't support it
- Offers additional Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering modes, that are not available through nVidia's control panel
- Flexible user interface: change the size of the window and all sub areas
- User interface and help texts available in various languages (right now English, German, Polish and Spanish)
- Coexists perfectly with nVidia's own control panel and other tools, like aTuner or RivaTuner. nHancer will immediately detect any changes made by any other tool.
- Any nVidia GeForce graphic card
- Windows 2000, XP or 2003
- Forceware driver version 60 or higher
- MS .NET Framework 2.0 (download)
The former nHancer thread can be found here: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45204