Thread: LotRO
View Single Post
Old 12-19-06, 07:25 PM   #14
nrdstrm

Default Re: LotRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhast
I was in the Vanguard beta. I am not anymore. When I was in the beta it was a poor game. I know its beta but you can tell alot about a game at that point. Its not going to be popular like WoW. I never thought it would be. This game is missing alot of fun factors. When I played it I felt it was a job 100% of the time. Nothing in the game inspires me at all. Player housing sounds interesting though. With that said I just went back to WoW after taking 4 months off after playing for over a year. As of now I am playing around before the release of the expansion pack. I am having alot of fun.
It amazes me how people can be in early beta, and write off a game (Vanguard). A "Friend" of mine told me that the game has come a long way since beta 2.5/3.0. They have added tons of content, continue to tweak, etc. I'll likely be playing this at launch, as currently it appeals to me more than LOTRO, however I'll probably give it a shot anyway as I am a Tolkein fan. I'm also looking forward to upcoming MMO's including Stargate Worlds (I think thats the name) and STO (Star Trek Online). Hopefully those will be space MMO's not F*cked up like SWG was...

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote