View Single Post
Old 07-29-02, 03:38 AM   #1
gerbil

Default Problem after compilation, during insmod

Hello,

I had just reconfigured this system after having the drivers working on it a week earlier. After downloading the drivers (the tar.gz packages), and successfully compiling them, the problem I have is that NVdriver does not pass module dependencies on my system currently.

I run Slackware 8.0 kernel 2.4.5 with a STB Velocity 4400 TNT. Here is the error message I am recieving for NVdriver (GLX seems to install fine):

Quote:
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.5/kernel/drivers/video/NVdriver

/lib/modules/2.4.5/kernel/drivers/video/NVdriver: unresolved symbol __global_cli

/lib/modules/2.4.5/kernel/drivers/video/NVdriver: unresolved tqueue_lock

/lib/modules/2.4.5/kernel/drivers/video/NVdriver: unresolved symbol __global_save_flags

/lib/modules/2.4.5/kernel/drivers/video/NVdriver: unresolved symbol __global_restore_flags
I tried editting the autoconf.h in /usr/include/linux/ to remove SMB support but I still recieved the "tqueue_lock" error.

Funny thing is that the drivers worked fine the first time i installed them months ago.

[edit] forgot to set my MTU settings again >.<; [/edit]

Hopefully there is something I can edit to knock out these module dependency errors.

Thanks